All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 10-07-2007, 05:51 PM

snoop-dug is on a distinguished road
No signal on 6680

I hope you guys can help as this is really starting to annoy me.
I have a Nokia 6680 that up until a few months ago has been working perfectly.
Now it seems that the signal bar is always empty and showing '3G'. I'm on o2 PAYG and it's been working great for months. Now I cant make any calls/send sms/ use internet/anything.

I got the phone from my friend a while ago. It was orignally locked to 3 but he had them unlock it before giving it to me. Since stopping working I've tried sim cards for every operator I can get my hands on and the problem is still the same. I've also taken it to carphone warehouse and a few indie stores and nobody seems to know whats up with it.

I've used the nokia firmware updater and it's updated the firmware but not cured the problem.

Sorry for rambling but I'm really stuck as to what to do now. I love this phone so would really like to get it working again.

Thanks in advance guys.

Old 18-07-2008, 09:47 AM

boyd diez is on a distinguished road
I have EXACTLY the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop-dug View Post
I hope you guys can help as this is really starting to annoy me.
I have a Nokia 6680 that up until a few months ago has been working perfectly.
Now it seems that the signal bar is always empty and showing '3G'. I'm on o2 PAYG and it's been working great for months. Now I cant make any calls/send sms/ use internet/anything.

I got the phone from my friend a while ago. It was orignally locked to 3 but he had them unlock it before giving it to me. Since stopping working I've tried sim cards for every operator I can get my hands on and the problem is still the same. I've also taken it to carphone warehouse and a few indie stores and nobody seems to know whats up with it.

I've used the nokia firmware updater and it's updated the firmware but not cured the problem.

Sorry for rambling but I'm really stuck as to what to do now. I love this phone so would really like to get it working again.

Thanks in advance guys.
Dude,

I have exactly the same problem. No signal and the 3G indicator shows up now and then. This unit stopped working 2 days after the warranty expired. Im pissed! I have a year old phone that is next to useless. Nokia care wants to charge almost half the original price of the phone so I tried the indies but no go either.

Now all i have is a very expensive paper weight. Anyone experienced this? I've since purchased a 5700 muisic Express and I'm quite happy. It was even cheaper than the 6680.

I've tried everything except bring it to Nokia.

Boyd
Ads

Old 18-07-2008, 11:14 AM

smuppavarapu is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Change the mode

Try This

Go to Tools >> Settings >> Network >> Networkmode >> Change to Dual mode.