All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-08-2010, 08:55 AM

talhamid is on a distinguished road
I used to love this App, at least till I used Nokia phones. Still love it now though I share my dislike of the site.

Still, to put it all in perspective, I think I used ST on my Nokia N82 about two odd years ago. Then the app sort of disappeared and went into that purgatory called Beta, which in Nokia's case lasts for years.

Why does everything at Symbian take so bloody long? There are TONS of apps on other platforms that can do the same. Even on Maemo: the Ecoach app was out like a flash and was kept being updated, perfectly complementing my N900, rather than being subject to 'feedback' and 'surveys' and 'beta tests' and 'community input' and 'release candidates' etc.

Sorry I know this AASymbian, but I think the GLACIAL pace of app/feature development on this platform has seriously hobbled it.

Old 16-08-2010, 01:35 PM

JayTay is on a distinguished road
With regards to the flash comment I too am somewhat disheartened by the site being entirely in flash. I much preferred the old Nokia ST site that only used flash for the graphs, it was a lot faster to load and to use.

I also find it interesting that there's so much Flash given the devs were posting shots to Facebook during the site development showing them using iOS devices (e.g. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...08999412473357)
Ads

Old 18-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

Error login to service

Hi,
i'm trying to upload my workout but when I put the username/password that i have created in sports-tracker.com I got the message "login failed".
I can connect to the web, but not from my nokia 5800 XM mobile.

Any idea?

Thanks