All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Nokia Communicator Center arrives at Beta Labs

Nokia Communication Center Beta is now available via Nokia's Beta Labs. It is an add on for PC Suite (a potential replacement for several existing modules) that allows you to manage contacts and messages on your phone from your PC. This includes the ability to send SMS and MMS messages, view the contents of the messaging folders and view, edit and add contacts.

Read on in the full article.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Administrator

krisse is on a distinguished road
"Center" ... (shudder)

;-)
Internet Tablet School - Tutorials on how to use Nokia Internet Tablets

Old 07-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
I thought that as I was writing it up.

Clearly centre makes much more sense. Sometimes being a diffident Englishman is hard.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Administrator

krisse is on a distinguished road
Yes, some of us do indeed read the fake messages.

Being serious though, the contacts application looks like it could be quite useful for small businesses keeping track of customers. Presumably you can take a call and use this application at the same time, so if someone gives you their number you can type it into your contacts on the PC. A laptop and smartphone combined could act as a mini call centre, if you see what I mean.
Internet Tablet School - Tutorials on how to use Nokia Internet Tablets

Old 08-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

Oxygen software

and to think that oxygen software tries to RIP people off with really stupidly high prices for such software when this is FREE and will be BETTER! Don't go with that oxygen rubbish where you have to install crap that restarts your phone. This looks great - well done beta labs!!
Ads

Old 08-05-2008, 10:20 AM
ardias

Unhappy

I have tried this and found that the messages do not load (even when left for 30 mins) yet the contacts load in about 2 seconds!

I am using a 9500

Is it supported?

Old 08-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
Its not quite there yet. However, thinking along those lines I dont see any reason why it could not be developed into a fully fledged business application.

Make it so it can connect with other installs of communication centre on a network, and sync it.

Also the potential to divert it to headsets etc when plugged into the computer. Although I suppose you could plug it in via USB and have BT headsets paired to the phone.

The company I work for would be willing to pay for such a solution, Im sure others would. Cant see it happening though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
Yes, some of us do indeed read the fake messages.

Being serious though, the contacts application looks like it could be quite useful for small businesses keeping track of customers. Presumably you can take a call and use this application at the same time, so if someone gives you their number you can type it into your contacts on the PC. A laptop and smartphone combined could act as a mini call centre, if you see what I mean.