All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 16-07-2009, 06:39 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy

Hy,

I marked all app and i install them but the problem is:
Before install them i was 36MB free memory (on phone memory) and after that i have 24.7MB free...
What showld i do?Delete all and then reinstall C:Phone memory update and then the rest of all????

Old 16-07-2009, 06:54 AM

gemikon is on a distinguished road
How is it possible to manually check for these updates?
It doesnt seem to be an option to manual check
Ads

Old 16-07-2009, 08:49 AM

P888 is on a distinguished road
Hi there, I'm from Malaysia. I only have the memory update and the Nokia messaging update. Don't have the rest at all... dang! Why this inconsistency, Nokia?!

Old 16-07-2009, 09:14 AM
N97userhk

Angry N97 SW Update

only C:\ update and Nokia Messaging are available for N97 in Hong Kong...sigh.. I need n-gage!

Old 16-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Leowws

Cool c: Memory update nothing happens at all after installing

Hi, I am from Malaysia too with N97 black.
Problem is after I have updated and installed C: Phone memory update, nothing happens, I checked the file manager to see whether the memory increase or not. It seemed that there is no changes at all My c: memory still remained at 25.5 mb as before installation. Can anyone advise me why it is so? Did this happen to someone else too? Many thanks and cheers, guys.

Old 16-07-2009, 10:57 AM

Berty is on a distinguished road
Mine refreshed itself and then the new contecnt popped up. No way of manually searching that I have found.

Anyway installs went well. Tried a few N-Gage games. Graphics look very dated, and it all works a bit slow too for a 500 device.

Maps works better than before so that's good.

Guessing the memory app thing works by ifself in the background, no icon I can find.

Didn't bother with Ovi contacts, all my chat buddies are on Skype, and Yahoo so use Nimbuzz instead.

Good luck guys.

Old 16-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

Maps NOT 3.1?

Hi,

In the "About" screen of the maps app its, showing version 3.01 09wk26 b02.

Is this the correct version?

This version 3 software is unusable with the integral gps due to loss of gps lock several times per minute despite showing good fix... This problem is affecting other models besides the N97 and is being reported on the nokia site discussions...

Old 16-07-2009, 04:24 PM

celios is on a distinguished road
I'm still waiting for the "Stop camera cover scratching lens" download, but I can't seem to find it...

Old 16-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

STOPPPPPPPPP and pay attention

This is not a firmware upgrade. Do you people know the difference? This is to upgrade and install applications. Do you get this yet? There is no fix for the messaging app changing memory locations yet. Go to Applications, then look for SW Update. It is not that hard. My God, read the manual if you are still having problems.

Old 16-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyLaw View Post
Hmmm .. I have installed N-Gage onto my N97 but cant see all the games, notably Million Dollor Poker, Dance Fabulous and Reset Generation and more.

Anyone think of a reason?

You can goto n-gage.com to download more games and install them on the N97.

Like Rafe said, some games like, Reset Generation, don't work - but there are a lot of games that's not listed in the N97 showroom but works..

So far, I'm able to install Asphalt 4 & One: Sequel that's not listed on the showroom and they work perfectly...

Old 16-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Just tried installing Dance Fabulous and it works fine as well.

Old 17-07-2009, 12:21 AM

delanz is on a distinguished road
geezzz... after installing the c: phone memory update, I lost all my message in the inbox and also in 'My Folder" folder. damn

Old 17-07-2009, 04:14 AM
Unregistered

Had my phone all of 3 weeks and down to 10mb phone memory.

Sure, have installed a lot of stuff - BUT ALWAYS TO E:!!!

NGage refused to install with less than 14Mb free...

Noticed Ovi Store now has Facebook on it, so decided to do the sensible thing and delete all of the crud Nokia cleverly installed to C: and try and redownload it to E:

Have now got 25mb free - and that's with ScummVM, Python & assorted apps on the C: drive. Not exactly loads, but a big difference to before - and no more "out of memory" warnings either. The latter annoys me intensely - no phone user should have to remember to empty the browser cache each and every time... Hopefully with the "phone memory update" this won't be such an issue any more... But what a palarver...

Old 21-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Unregistered

Hi from Thailand,

I can't found any update on n-gage and ovi and nokia map on my n97 device. For nakia map, I have uploaded it at Nokia shop in my country already. Can any one who can download n-gage application upload the version for n97 for the other who can not download via update software from n97 device.

Thanks

Old 23-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Casper (NL)

hello!!
I'm from the Netherlands. I've got the n97 for some time now and i'm trying to get n-gage for 4 days in a row now!!! All is so unclear! How hard can it be for nokia to put just a link on the website from n-gage.com!!! Really all the websites on the internet is telling me to go to the software updater..... But there is nothing there!!! I've tried to do it manually but it keeps telling me that everything is just fine and up-to-date!!! It's getting quit annoying now...

Request to n-gage:

put a direct link on the website for Symbian users with version 5.0!!!

Well thanks in advance, allthough i think this will never happen...

Grtz Casper (the netherlands)