All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-03-2003, 05:08 PM

szueger is on a distinguished road
WANTED nice voice recorder application

Being a P800 user for only two days - the one thing I really miss from my iPAQ-days is the recorder-button. Have an idea when driving in the car? Push the button and talk! Now is there a way to use the blue button to invoke the voice recorder app instead of internet? Or does anybody of you guys know about another SW that may be able to do the task?

Thanks very much!
Stefan

Old 16-03-2003, 05:41 PM
Administrator

J2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud of
Set the voice memo as one of the options on the flip closed, I can't remember how I did it, but it's now set so if I press OK, the voice recorder opens in flip closed, so it's handy.

But I think the Voice Recorder when in a telephone conversation would have been good, I mean even the T68i has that option, we can't even playback whilst in a telephone conversation
Ads

Old 16-03-2003, 05:49 PM

Jordan, thank you for this hint. Doing this was easy - one does set it in control panel / flip closed shortcuts. The problem with this solution: of course you then have voice memo as one of the five options, but it serves only to listen to messages recorded beforehand, not to record new ones. :roll:

Old 16-03-2003, 05:54 PM
Administrator

J2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud of
Nope, press the jog dial towards you...brings up the menu at which point look at Number 3 (Record)

Old 16-03-2003, 05:55 PM
Administrator

BTW: Welcome to the forum

Old 16-03-2003, 05:57 PM

true - lot to learn I still have thank you Jordan!

Old 17-03-2003, 05:16 PM

Lantana is on a distinguished road
Its possible that SE deliberately disabled voice recording while on a call. This would be for privacy sake. My R380s has such a button that records about a minute of sound at the touch of a button but it won't work on a call. I recall the manual saying something like it was illegal but I have seen another phone (non Ericsson) that did a year ago. Pity.