All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-08-2008, 01:03 PM

s4vva is on a distinguished road
New E71 new user questions

I have a few simple (i hope) questions. I come from owning a long line of Windows Mobile devices so excuse me if the questions seem stupid!

1. I am using exchange for mail for my email which is working perfectly however I cant seem to find an option to setup a signature for outgoing mail, is there an option to do this?

2. I would like to sort the contacts by 'company name' is there a way to do this?

3. Are there alternative calendar plugins that i could use on the home screen? I would like something that would allow me to customise how many future appointments I can see on the home screen.

4. Back to exchange for mail, can I specify which folders I want to sync rather than just the inbox? I would ideally like to sync the sent items and a few inbox subfolders.

Thats all for now but I am sure i will have several more.....
Ads

Old 11-09-2008, 09:15 PM

chucky.egg is on a distinguished road
I've just been looking for signatures too, so for the benefit of anyone coming along behind us...

1. Signature is here:
Settings, Email, Mail For Exchange, Options, Edit Profile, Email, Use Signature

2. Sorting by company name doesn't seem to be possible, and doesn't find contacts in a Search either

3. None that I've found, Symbian "Active Desktop" (or whatever they call it)) isn't as flexible as Win Mobile Homescreen or Today screen

4. The free Mail For Exchange app can't sync anything but the Inbox. RoadSync can do more but is commercial, and I read (old) reports of it being memory hungry and a little unstable. Try before you buy