All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-10-2006, 05:58 AM

inigar is on a distinguished road
n93 switched off while recieving a graphic file via bluetooth

My phone conked off while I was recieving a snap via bluetooth. After that it hanged and I couldn't restart it by the power button. I had to take out the battery to turn it on. Can someone tell me what could be the reason. is it a software problem or thr could be some virus infection.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:46 AM

GoodCop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by inigar
My phone conked off while I was recieving a snap via bluetooth. After that it hanged and I couldn't restart it by the power button. I had to take out the battery to turn it on. Can someone tell me what could be the reason. is it a software problem or thr could be some virus infection.
Sadly, the device isn't always perfectly stable. What you describe hasn't happened to me, but it has hanged a few times doing other stuff (not to mention the out of memory issues). In other words, you've most likely encountered some temporary memory error or other firmware bug. Nothing to worry about.

In order to get infected by a virus (trojan, really) over BT (and I don't think there are any yet or very very few) you need to install it first. That means accepting a .sis/.sisx file and pressing "yes" a few times. Images won't carry these things, anyway.
Ads

Old 04-10-2006, 01:21 PM

inigar is on a distinguished road
Another problem that I wanted to add : I removed few pics from the gallery and then removed the cable and exited from the PC suite. then i tried opening the gallery the phone turned off.... I expected the device to handle such situations smoothly. Suggest me do I visit the nokia care centre and try to get the OS reinstalled or just keep restarting my mobile.