All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-01-2003, 08:07 PM

Help with 9210i installation

Help my 9210i memory card stopped being reconised so I decided to reformat it. To do so I decided that I must reformat the device also. So this I have done, it took less and 2 seconds for the format scale to reach the end of the formatting process that was nice an quick. Have gone through start up process City, Time, Date and My Contact details.
Now i'm in a bit of a mess. Let me explain more too you my 9210i is version 5.34. Also my home computer is at the moment broken, this now explain i'll continue.
This is what I have now after reformat and startup details having been entered.
Desk = No Applications (except write a note)
Internet = WWW Application
Office = No Applications
Extras = Imaging and Control Panel icons
So what about all the Apps that are meant to be in rom on the 9210i that I have read about on various sites!. There is not even the File Manager to be seen and the java is'nt loaded yet as one site has said java script needs to be enabled.
No worries I thought i'll go to nokia uk and download the files. Well this I have done for both the All Nokia 9210i data.sis and the File Manager.sis. Then try to install them by using Control Panel>Install/Remove Application. No go as the files could not be seen even when browsing all the folders. So I reboted the device a few times still no found the files. I have also reformatted and re-downloaded from nokia again these files and still can't see the needed files to instal them.
Can someone please tell me...
> Is my device broken
> Am I meant to have more Applications after reformatting the 9210i device
> How can I get the files to install from nokia site so that I can have a fully working 9210i again.
Many thanks in advance for any information and help.

Old 27-01-2003, 09:53 PM

The Godfather is on a distinguished road
You have to install the all nokia data sis that will make your 9210i work again...

Old 27-01-2003, 09:55 PM

Download it from the nokia site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Nothing will work untill you have installed this sis file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your 9210i is ok...! 8) :P

Old 27-01-2003, 09:59 PM

:P

Old 27-01-2003, 10:14 PM

I have since installed the file manager a 9210 version ok not made for the 9210i but it installed now I can see the two previous files that I downloaded All Nokia 9210i dat.sis and the 9210i File Manger.sis. The problem is neither has the installer icon, so attempting to install these files by clicking on them return Not Found error?.
I have deleted the two downloaded files and have again downloaded the All Nokia 9210i Data.sis once more this file has no install icon and attempting to run it the same happens a Not Found error.
Now ths can't be correct, please some more help for me to install the files is wanted. I Thank You.

Old 28-01-2003, 06:16 AM

Now that was an experience i dont want to repeat again in a hurry. The problem seemed to be the network i was downloading on was letting me do the download and spending a bucket full of money each time for doing so. But the download never became a .sis install file. So i tried a different network and it *****WORKED***** I have installed the All Nokia 9210i Data EN.sis and have a woking device again. Even though my device still doesn't accept my memory card even to reformat it. But now I realise it is the Memory Card that is at fault im happy to wait pc is repaired then I will use PC Suite to format it.
> Now the question, I have read these and other forums about the 92xx devices. I am certain that it has been mentioned that the File Manager and other Tools such as Java reside in Rom. So the how is it that after a reformat of the 9210i device the File Manager or Java present?. i.e. Is in rom or loaded from File Manager.sis into C drive.
Could some one please explain as it has and still is confusing, the reason we have a 9210i is because we should have a better device than the 9210 as it is more updated. Therfore it has a bigger and faster Rom, Ram and Processor speed and more.
> Has somebody written what files the All Nokia 9210i Data.sis includes? if so can someone point me in the page direction to where it is.
Thank you for your help and replies. :roll: :P :fadein:

Old 28-01-2003, 08:06 AM

TheSpecialBoy is on a distinguished road
I think you have the latest RAE Version.

Here you go!

http://www.nokia.com/cda1/0,1080,4914,00.html

P.S.
..... nokia site

Old 28-01-2003, 10:22 AM

It's easy when you format to do some mistakes...but after a while you do it you will become a pro! 8)

Old 28-01-2003, 07:07 PM

The Special Boy.
My operating system firmware is V05.34 / 31-05-02 / RAE-5 the link you provided was for the V05.54 firmware. Is it ok to download and use that All Nokia 9210i Data EN.sis on a device that has V05.34 firmware ?.
Please advise Thanks.

Old 28-01-2003, 07:28 PM

No!!!Browse through the nokia software page abd you'll find the sis that fits your needs
Ads

Old 28-01-2003, 08:00 PM

Dazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud of
Filemanager is installed on c: not in rom

Old 29-01-2003, 03:15 AM

Java and the File Manager i was to understand was in rom look on the z: drive and after format loaded into c: drive as part of the installation after format. So that in a way it is in ro but loaded into c: after format. The java I read stays in rom.
I have read this on these forums or some other forums from my broken down pc (when it was working) for the 92xx devices.
When I find the document and thread again i will put up a link here.
To also help other 9210i owners in future.

Old 29-01-2003, 08:45 AM

:P

Old 06-11-2006, 02:16 PM

denzilgeo@hotma is on a distinguished road
hiiiiiiiiiii

Quote:
Help my 9210i memory card stopped being reconised so I decided to reformat it. To do so I decided that I must reformat the device also. So this I have done, it took less and 2 seconds for the format scale to reach the end of the formatting process that was nice an quick. Have gone through start up process City, Time, Date and My Contact details.
Now i'm in a bit of a mess. Let me explain more too you my 9210i is version 5.34. Also my home computer is at the moment broken, this now explain i'll continue.
This is what I have now after reformat and startup details having been entered.
Desk = No Applications (except write a note)
Internet = WWW Application
Office = No Applications
Extras = Imaging and Control Panel icons
So what about all the Apps that are meant to be in rom on the 9210i that I have read about on various sites!. There is not even the File Manager to be seen and the java is'nt loaded yet as one site has said java script needs to be enabled.
No worries I thought i'll go to nokia uk and download the files. Well this I have done for both the All Nokia 9210i data.sis and the File Manager.sis. Then try to install them by using Control Panel>Install/Remove Application. No go as the files could not be seen even when browsing all the folders. So I reboted the device a few times still no found the files. I have also reformatted and re-downloaded from nokia again these files and still can't see the needed files to instal them.
Can someone please tell me...
> Is my device broken
> Am I meant to have more Applications after reformatting the 9210i device
> How can I get the files to install from nokia site so that I can have a fully working 9210i again.
Many thanks in advance for any information and help.

Old 24-11-2006, 09:51 AM

werthers is on a distinguished road
www.talkandtext.info helped me alot