All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-02-2005, 09:17 PM
java jazz

Cool removing java apps. (collaz horoscope)

Hi all,

Last time I installed a java apps called collaz horoscope. After I intall the program to my 6600, the apps can't opened, so I uninstall the program, so I go to apps. manager and uninstall the program. But there are warning says : "Apps. in use !!!"

After that I deleting all files contain Collaz Horoscope, but the name Colllaz Horocope still appear in apps. manager, eventhought the program's icon doesn't appears in menu screen....

So how to remove it from apps manager, btw this probelm also appear when I uninstalling Screen saver program by Psloc....

Anyone can help me ???
Ads

Old 19-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Apocalypso

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by java jazz
Hi all,

Last time I installed a java apps called collaz horoscope. After I intall the program to my 6600, the apps can't opened, so I uninstall the program, so I go to apps. manager and uninstall the program. But there are warning says : "Apps. in use !!!"

After that I deleting all files contain Collaz Horoscope, but the name Colllaz Horocope still appear in apps. manager, eventhought the program's icon doesn't appears in menu screen....

So how to remove it from apps manager, btw this probelm also appear when I uninstalling Screen saver program by Psloc....

Anyone can help me ???

Hi,

Im just answer on similar problem:

http://www.symbian-freak.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=128

Get more guides and advice at:

====================
www.symbian-freak.com

Symbian Freak introduces various researches for symbian users like:
Error Fixes, Modding, Guides, Tutorials and offcourse a detailed forum with professional support.

To get more out of your favourite device, visit the website.

Old 20-02-2005, 06:19 AM

lakeywhite is on a distinguished road
Some programs you will need to select unistall, get the error message, turn off your phone and switch on again and then select uninstall again. This is because some parts of the program are resident in memory and in use, possible run in a start up routine, so the first unistall remove them from that so when you start your phone again all the files are available for uninstalling.
You may have to try installing the application again and then go through the process I described to clear the entry from your list.