All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 12-11-2004, 11:54 AM

da22a is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb *Project to replace 3rd Party apps icons*

Hi there,

I was thinking the other day, why is the main reason that people out there want to change the icons on there phone?

I believe it’s all due to 3rd Party apps icons not fitting in with the rest of the phones standard set of icons.

Recently after installing Sysiconz on my QD I found that although the icons changed the performance of the QD suffered, because it was running an app in the background, constantly directing the Standard apps and 3rd party apps icons to another set of icons on the MMC.

While having these icon sets on the phone there would always be a couple of apps that still didn’t change because the icon hadn’t been created and so you were always reminded that you didn’t have a nice Series 60 OS ver 2.01 or whatever it is that the Nk6600 has to allow themes.

So my work around would be to use the Symbian Icon Wizard, to change all the 3rd party apps icons permanently to the same style of the N-gage QD.

Currently I have made the icon for Active Day and will be working on a number of other icons using the power of Photoshop. I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in helping me out?

Also I was wondering if anyone knew how to make an icon created will the Icon Wizard to change its colour when the colour style is changed on the phone?

I would be grateful for any comments.

Thank you

Da22a

Old 14-11-2004, 08:41 PM

Ensci is on a distinguished road
Wirelessly posted (NokiaN-GageQD/1.0 SymbianOS/6.1 Series60/1.2 Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da22a
Hi there,

I was thinking the other day, why is the main reason that people out there want to change the icons on there phone?

I believe it’s all due to 3rd Party apps icons not fitting in with the rest of the phones standard set of icons.

Recently after installing Sysiconz on my QD I found that although the icons changed the performance of the QD suffered, because it was running an app in the background, constantly directing the Standard apps and 3rd party apps icons to another set of icons on the MMC.

While having these icon sets on the phone there would always be a couple of apps that still didn’t change because the icon hadn’t been created and so you were always reminded that you didn’t have a nice Series 60 OS ver 2.01 or whatever it is that the Nk6600 has to allow themes.

So my work around would be to use the Symbian Icon Wizard, to change all the 3rd party apps icons permanently to the same style of the N-gage QD.

Currently I have made the icon for Active Day and will be working on a number of other icons using the power of Photoshop. I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in helping me out?

Also I was wondering if anyone knew how to make an icon created will the Icon Wizard to change its colour when the colour style is changed on the phone?

I would be grateful for any comments.

Thank you

Da22a
Would be delighted to help. PM me the details of ur project and apps u r using.
Ads