All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 31-08-2010, 08:41 AM

ClockworkZombie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unless the problem with the phone was caused by the change of product code, then I don't see how the warranty shouldn't stand.
I would argue this point too and when I process computer warranty claims unless something is explicitly not covered by the manufacturer I would let it slide, unfortunately there are 2 kinds of support personnel, those who wish to help you and will use their authority to that end & the other kind which are more interested in power over users and will use their authority to deny any help they can.

Bureaucrats are the same.

Someone here will know more, the only cases I would see where it should matter is if you have changed the code and the unit dies during a firmware update and cannot be restored and the specific firmware installed is not meant for the model you restored it to.

Old 31-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockworkZombie View Post
I would argue this point too and when I process computer warranty claims unless something is explicitly not covered by the manufacturer I would let it slide, unfortunately there are 2 kinds of support personnel, those who wish to help you and will use their authority to that end & the other kind which are more interested in power over users and will use their authority to deny any help they can.

I guess that this particular customer service problem comes from the management of the service centres and the clear direction on what can and can't be done. In the interests of goodwill they should be looking after customers, this would be in the interest of Nokia too. Makes perfect sense to me.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:01 AM

Biggles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slitchfield View Post
"A high proportion of Symbian users hack their phones to install unsigned apps"

Only if you call 0.001% a high proportion... Give me strength.... [FX: sighs]
Why don't you do a poll then? Or better yet, get Symbian to do it themselves?

I say that, because of the 14 people I know with Symbian phones, 10 have installed apps. Of those 10, 4 have their phones hacked.

One of them is a middle aged woman, we're not just talking tech circles here either.

It's a LOT more than 0.001%, and there's reasons for that, which Symbian needs to sort to survive.
Ads