All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Games and Music top application survey results

American pollsters Nielsen have released details on a survey of mobile users and their attitudes to mobile applications. Being a US company, the 4,200 people surveyed provide a good cross section of which genres are popular, and the huge le-up that built in applications receive. Any developer looking for a new project should be taking notes.

Read on in the full article.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Hmmm. I'd exercise some caution here. Being American the survey ignores Symbian (somewhat legitimately given the low market presence of Symbian in the US). The point is, is what American consumers want and like duplicated outside the US (i.e. for the remaining 92% of the world mobile market)? Outside the US not only is the chance that likes and dislikes in apps are different, but the platforms that are important will be different, with Symbian taking a very much larger share (e.g. Symbian smartphone market share is over 60% in Europe, and over 80% in Asia-Pacific).

It would be much more interesting to see a region-by-region survey across the world, and one that considers Symbian. As a prospective app developer I would find this much more useful than just hearing what 8% of the world market likes - American tastes are often not reflected elsewhere.

Also - J2ME (java mobile) is much more important outside the US, and should not be ignored by developers. It is a much more capable and less fragmented system these days than it's old reputation suggests.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

I would like to see some continued usage stats. I have an iPhone and after I equipped myself with about 5 or 6 essentials, most of the apps I sunsequently download are deleted within 10 minutes. Such is the amount of dross and rubbish on the App Store. The comments sections are full of people who are angry and annoyed that they have paid for crap.

For example, there is a mirror application which does nothing more than place an image of a frame around a blank screen - the mirror is the natural reflection of the screen surface - exactly the same as having the screen off. And this is near the top of the downloaded list (#2)! I have no idea how people are stupid enough to fall for this.

Hands Heater is another! Makes the screen glow orange in the pattern of a toaster element. Mr Condom, iSendFarts.... need I go on? There is so much movement of apps that are just a waste of space.

Old 18-06-2010, 03:43 AM
Unregistered

mov converter for mac

MOV Converter for Mac is specially designed for Mac OS X users which can convert various video and audio formats to MOV with just a few clicks, including avi, flv, 3gp, mp4, mpg, 3gp, mov, m4v, ts, tp, trp, mts, m2ts, tp, mkv, mod, asf, mp3, mka, wav, wma, mp2, jpg, bmp, ect.
In addition, you can customize watermark at will, such as set image watermark, text watermark, ect.
Category:
AVI to MOV Converter for Mac
FLV to MOV Converter for Mac
DIVX to MOV Converter for Mac
DVD to MOV Converter for Mac
MP4 to MOV Converter for Mac
M4V to VOB Converter for Mac
MPG to MOV Converter for Mac
WMV to MOV Converter for Mac
VOB to MOV Converter for Mac
Ads