All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-06-2009, 08:28 PM

incinerator is on a distinguished road
N97 frozen on NOKIA at startup

Hi all,

I just received my unlocked n97 (black, N97-3, RM-507) US version from mobile city yesterday. I played with it for a while updating contacts and installing a few apps like garmin.

Everything worked great and I turned it off before going to bed, this morning I turn it on and the phone just wont get past the NOKIA during start up.

I've tried pretty much all the suggestions on this forum so far but nothing works. The phone just freezes at 5 secs from power on and only the blue NOKIA is visible.

Does anyone else have this problem? I've haven't even had the phone for 24 hrs and it's already bricked.

HELP ME PLEASE !!!!

Old 27-06-2009, 08:56 PM

Biggzy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator View Post
Hi all,

I just received my unlocked n97 (black, N97-3, RM-507) US version from mobile city yesterday. I played with it for a while updating contacts and installing a few apps like garmin.

Everything worked great and I turned it off before going to bed, this morning I turn it on and the phone just wont get past the NOKIA during start up.

I've tried pretty much all the suggestions on this forum so far but nothing works. The phone just freezes at 5 secs from power on and only the blue NOKIA is visible.

Does anyone else have this problem? I've haven't even had the phone for 24 hrs and it's already bricked.

HELP ME PLEASE !!!!
did u install the apps etc on mass memory? take mem card out if u got 1 in, and plug fone into pc with n97 turned off, it should light up and you should be able to open mass storage via pc (even tho fone is off) right click and format mass mem, see if that helps

It's not technology, it's what you do with it.
Ads

Old 27-06-2009, 09:23 PM

Yes, I did load apps onto mass storage. I removed the micro SD and plugged via usb into pc but not luck. The phone comes on automatically and freezes on NOKIA.

My pc say Nokia USB device installed, but I can't see mass storage drive. Thanks for the suggestion.

Any other ideas?

Old 27-06-2009, 10:49 PM

So your pc dont show the drive at all in my computer? I have no other sugestions, try holding the number 3 keu and * key and hold power key, hold the keys and see if it comes on

Old 27-06-2009, 11:01 PM

I tried holding down the 3 and * key with power but that didn't do anything. I just found out I'm not the only one with this issue.

Look at this post by "ac1" on Howardforums... scroll down ~ half way down the page.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...&page=12&pp=15

Old 27-06-2009, 11:06 PM

Have you read the rest of the post for a posible solution? I hope u find away to sort it mate

Old 27-06-2009, 11:13 PM

Thanks Biggzy. It's a lot to read through, but hopefully there are some add'l tips in there, otherwise I'm gonna have to send this phone back.

Old 28-06-2009, 01:15 PM

cliveuk is on a distinguished road
discussion here about how to hard reset the N97

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...sage.id=141830

Old 28-06-2009, 11:48 PM

Thanks, I've tried all the suggestions from that forum but none work in my situation. The phone completely freezes after only 5 secs or so from power on.

Considering I spent about $1,000 CDN, which includes ridiculour FedEx duties to get this phone, let's just say I'm beyond frustrated how it's dead after only ~ 6 hrs of usage.