All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-10-2009, 03:40 AM

wills54321 is on a distinguished road
V20 'Update Startup Failed'...

Hi everyone,

Like most of you, have been waiting for the V20 update to the N97. Comes home this evening and get stuck into updating and get the new firmware d/l'd only for NSU to tell me 'Update Startup Failed'.

Been through every possible solution to try sorting it from uninstalling NSU and then reinstalling to completely removing the Ovi suite, connectivity driver etc etc and still no joy. It's driving me mad.

I spend everyday wishing more and more that I had gone for the E90, my 9500 used to be rock solid and never had a problem, I changed providers and got this new N97 along with the contract and I've never had a worse phone, it's so annoyingggggg!! So annoyed right now

Anyway, anyone have ANY idea's?? It's a UK Voda handset that was de-branded using JAF so I could get the v12 update quicker as the phone was practically unusable before that update! Could I use JAF to flash this latest v20 update on?

-Will

Old 28-10-2009, 09:41 AM

mickeymouse1 is on a distinguished road
Hi there,

I've got the same problem. I've also changed the productcode on my n97 to obtain V12. (asume you did the same?). Now I want to update to V20 and I recieve the same error....I've found some logfiles: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nokia\Nokia Service Layer\A\Logs

In the last lines of the logfile there's the following sentence:

"PhoneConnected call failed on product change event."

I guess NSU is checking changes in the productcodes and maybe even crosschecking productcodes and imei with the Nokia servers and if it finds a change it's aborting the update service....

Don't know how to get around this either..... Any one else has an answer???
Ads

Old 28-10-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouse1 View Post
Hi there,

I've got the same problem. I've also changed the productcode on my n97 to obtain V12. (asume you did the same?). Now I want to update to V20 and I recieve the same error....I've found some logfiles: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nokia\Nokia Service Layer\A\Logs

In the last lines of the logfile there's the following sentence:

"PhoneConnected call failed on product change event."

I guess NSU is checking changes in the productcodes and maybe even crosschecking productcodes and imei with the Nokia servers and if it finds a change it's aborting the update service....

Yes, product code was changed to the EURO_QW1 Black (0570817) one.

I also was doing some digging and found these log files. I also found in one of the sub-directories of the Nokia folder the actual folder to which NSU downloads the latest firmware.

I initially thought that the firmware had not downloaded properly so I deleted the files that NSU downloaded, re-downloaded the firmware files with NaviFirm and put them in the NSU folder and tried to re-run the update but still got the same error message.

I thought I would have another little go at everything just now except NSU now tells me the 12.0.24 firmware I have is the latest?! Checking with NaviFirm it appears, certainly on my machine anyway, that Nokia have pulled the 0570817 EURO_QW1 Black firmware?? Can anybody else also confirm this??

-Will

Old 28-10-2009, 03:02 PM

Zyyb is on a distinguished road
I'm having the same issue but from a different angle, i completely removed all Nokia apps from my PC, cleaned it and rebooted, hard resetted my phone, reinstalled a fresh Ovi 2.0 and there's no update available, NSU says the same, V12 is the newest!

Old 29-10-2009, 08:59 AM

Hi there,

I think I've got the solution! I've changed the productcode to the original one, in my case 0585162, installed the original UK v12 firmware using NSU. After this I've changed the productcode again but this time (using Nemesis) to 0579050: RM-505_EMEA_Benelux_NL_QW Black (has also the UK language) instead of the emea-euro productcode . Ran NSU again, and it installed V20 without a problem!!

Let me know if thsi works for you! Good luck!

Old 30-10-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Hi there,

I think I've got the solution! I've changed the productcode to the original one, in my case 0585162, installed the original UK v12 firmware using NSU. After this I've changed the productcode again but this time (using Nemesis) to 0579050: RM-505_EMEA_Benelux_NL_QW Black (has also the UK language) instead of the emea-euro productcode . Ran NSU again, and it installed V20 without a problem!!

Let me know if thsi works for you! Good luck!
hmmm, interesting. To be honest, I got so annoyed in the end with NSU I took a full backup of the phone and then used JAF to flash it to V20, no fuss, no bother, worked first time.

Restored my backup and voila, all done!

My first impression of the V20 firmware was that everything just seems so much quicker. Apps load quicker, navigating around the menus seems lightning fast as well so I'm happy with it so far.

-Will

Old 30-10-2009, 02:42 PM

willem hordijk is on a distinguished road
With
http://redirectingat.com/?id=593X100...are-updates%2F

The firmware Benelux V 20 has been installed.

Old 30-10-2009, 03:30 PM

Venomrush is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Once you alter the product code and connect to NSU, the change is recorded, technically you're out of warranty.

As you can tell from the logs a lot of info are being sent to Nokia

Old 02-11-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
Once you alter the product code and connect to NSU, the change is recorded, technically you're out of warranty.

As you can tell from the logs a lot of info are being sent to Nokia
, is nothing sacred anymore???