All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Links of Interest

Old 21-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Sports Tracker runs out of Nokia to become a new start-up

Good news for fans of Nokia's Sports Tracker application – the technology is being spun out of Nokia and into a new company. Sports Tracking Technologies Oy (STT) has been started by Jussi Kaasinen and Yka Huhtala, the core developers behind Sports Tracker. Nokia will continue to have access to the app, and will be a client of STT.

Read on in the full article.

Old 21-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Smile

Hurray

Old 21-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Voice input / Audio output

I would be willing to pay about 50 for this app if it got voice control to e.g. get audio feedback on how far you are ahead/behind compared to the last time you ran the same track or your speed/pace/... km to go etc

Old 21-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

i run at least 3 times a week and use this app every time. without it i'd be paying 200 for a gps watch. because of this app i feel tied to nokia phones but really would like to try out a se satio. like the other poster i'd pay good money for this if it had extra features.

Old 22-10-2009, 12:12 AM

Dead1nside is on a distinguished road
I use this all the time, for running, walking and cycling. It's amazing that it's free and yet of such a high quality. They need to try and put some social networking features into it and then even more people will be using it.

I hope there's a Maemo port in the future, because I can see that is where my next phone will probably be.

Old 22-10-2009, 01:48 AM
Unregistered

Essential Application

This application has become essential for me. I can track my runs while listening to music on my svelte (compared to most smartphones) N85. Unfortunately during runs the N85 is also a phone

Feature I would like: A way to start the run (and music) from the headphone remote so I don't have to access the phone directly.
Ads

Old 22-10-2009, 10:17 AM

RollerSMB is on a distinguished road
I would love for them to add a 'network' feature, and it tell me how far ahead / behind the other person I am, so I could go for a virtual run in realtime with friends who live a long way away. Couple this with a voice comms feature mentioned above, and the ability to see both folks location on the map, would be killer. Imagine going for a run with someone on the other side of the world, stopping to take a break together, share some photos of where you are up to, then continue. Gotta love technology.

Old 22-10-2009, 10:23 AM

UKJeeper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
because of this app i feel tied to nokia phones but really would like to try out a se satio.
I wouldn't feel too tied down. Sports tracker works fine on my i8910 .

Old 22-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

UKjeeper,

how'd you get it to work on your samsung? straightforward or a work around?

Old 22-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Good luck to the team. I hope they keep the quality high and don't forget the S60/Maemo markets! Also, maybe get a deal going to release those heart rate monitors.