All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 15-04-2007, 10:53 PM

mleko is on a distinguished road
I've got a 1gb kingston dual-voltage rs-mmc (http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/conf...1GB&referid=28)
with my n-gage classic, and i've got a problem when copying through the usb cable. It tells me that there's no such device and disconnects the drive. any ideas? works fine with a card reader and browsing on the phone is ok too.
tell me something cos i'm bored of taking out the battery when addingsomething to the card

Old 19-04-2007, 02:56 AM

ajprius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mleko View Post
I've got a 1gb kingston dual-voltage rs-mmc (http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/conf...1GB&referid=28)
with my n-gage classic, and i've got a problem when copying through the usb cable. It tells me that there's no such device and disconnects the drive. any ideas? works fine with a card reader and browsing on the phone is ok too.
tell me something cos i'm bored of taking out the battery when addingsomething to the card

YEP!!! I am experiencing the same thing, with the additional new reboot feature. After the phone has booted, a can move through the menus for a minute or two and then the phone suddenly reboots, without warning. This only happens with my new Transcend 1GB mmc+ card though. If I put in the old 128MB mmc it runs fine?? I have music and programs on the 1gb mmc and it is a little over half full.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!??

Old 22-04-2007, 04:18 PM

tteff2582 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAbz911 View Post
Kingmax, 128mb, EBuyer
I have kingmax too,and my card have 512MB

Old 26-04-2007, 01:37 AM

Troud is on a distinguished road
Kingston

I have a 1gb kingston mmc plus on my N-gage Clasic, i have 255 songs the maximum number if you put more they wont appear on the list, there are no problems excepting that Music player loads in 5 or 6 min and battery life last 6 or 7 hours using like 3 hours of AAc(aac is same quality sound and less space , if you don't found a converter, email me) and 30 min of playing and 3 hours of standby, already bought another battery. 1gb Kinston was for us$30 here in My country Guatemala. My brother has a 1gb mmc Kinston on his n-gage Qd works fine no problem at all, battery life is good, better than Clasic even if you buy a Bl6c for the clasic, also my sister has a Qd with a 512 mmc Kingston us$10 really cheap. If you are asking why do i have so many N-Gages in my family is because i sell them jajajaja Amazing phone, Planing to by 2gb MMc Kingston too.
Our link is Ncorp.co.nr
any questions or comments
ps: Sorry my English i am From Central America i talk Spanish jaja
Ads

Old 10-05-2007, 01:51 PM

ajprius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajprius View Post
YEP!!! I am experiencing the same thing, with the additional new reboot feature. After the phone has booted, a can move through the menus for a minute or two and then the phone suddenly reboots, without warning. This only happens with my new Transcend 1GB mmc+ card though. If I put in the old 128MB mmc it runs fine?? I have music and programs on the 1gb mmc and it is a little over half full.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!??

...Update...
Switched from a 1GB MMC+ to MMC... have not experienced any issues since then for rebooting or USB transfer. I know others have used the MMC+ with no issues so I really can't explain the problem, other then my experience. Later.

Old 26-12-2007, 02:22 PM

chewbie is on a distinguished road
MMC TakeMS

1 GB TakeMS RS-DV MMC runs fine on my n-gage QD. Haven't formated it yet, just bought it, inserted and saw 979 MB in tools -> memory.

I tried formating it in the phone but it looked as it was taking ages and after 6 minutes or so i ejected the card and formated it under WinXP in FAT file-system. Still works fine

Purchased in Budapest
http://www.argep.hu/product_410742.html

Old 13-02-2008, 04:36 PM

cedesguin is on a distinguished road
Transcend 2 Gb card, purchased from local retailer (Brussels). System very unstable, possibly because of defective card, possibly because of buggy app. Under investigation. I would appreciate other users' experience with this card.

(E90 Communicator)

Last edited by cedesguin; 13-02-2008 at 04:41 PM.