All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 22-06-2009, 03:31 PM

parkepr is on a distinguished road
Editing Music info

Hi all,
I have a Nokia E71 and would like to know how to better organise my music collection on it. The problem I have is that when I transfer music accross using Nokia Music Manager (within PC Suite) only some album titles and some artist info gets trabsferred accross (even though it displays it in Music Manager). This in itself is midly irrating howveer what i'd like to do is to be able to edit the music collection on my phone in bulk on my PC. So that if I have a numbers of songs from an album, update them with the album name in one go by highlighting them. Anyone able to help me on this?
Cheers
Pete

Old 23-06-2009, 05:00 AM

cricfancy is on a distinguished road
Hi,

Kindly do have a look on compatible devices list with Nokia Music application, which already replaced Nokia Music Manager in latest PC Suite 7.1.30.8, if your phone is supported by Nokia Music, download Nokia music and then check this issue, but do check in forums related to this before you uninstall nokia music manager, as you wont get it back if you uninstall previous verion of pc suite :(
Ads

Old 08-07-2009, 09:46 PM

digitalranger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkepr View Post
Hi all,
I have a Nokia E71 and would like to know how to better organise my music collection on it. The problem I have is that when I transfer music accross using Nokia Music Manager (within PC Suite) only some album titles and some artist info gets trabsferred accross (even though it displays it in Music Manager). This in itself is midly irrating howveer what i'd like to do is to be able to edit the music collection on my phone in bulk on my PC. So that if I have a numbers of songs from an album, update them with the album name in one go by highlighting them. Anyone able to help me on this?
Cheers
Pete
I'd tackle this problem using MP3TAG. It's a really robust ID3 tag editor for Windows (but works very well under WINE in Linux too).

However, the Nokia music player's database is quite persistent. So you need to have all the music removed from your phone (or memory card), then run the Music player, so that it wipes its database (because all the files it associates with each entry are gone). Then do your bulk editing on the PC (because you have a copy of all your music on the PC right?), and transfer them back to the phone!

I'd also use your OS's file manager to transfer music to a Micro SDHC card, rather than Nokia's transfer agent, but that's just my preference.
(Author of "Analyser", "WhichCD" & "FileTidy" for Psion Series 3a/c/mx)