All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 12-10-2007, 01:58 PM

riverboat is on a distinguished road
where is calendar info stored

Hi
I work a complicated shift pattern and spent hours putting them all into the Nokia N95 calendar app.
Now my friend who works the same shifts and has the same phone would like a copy of it.
Is there any way i can find where the calendar saves it's info and then sort of cut and paste it to my pc and then transfer it to thiers?

Thanks V Much

Old 12-10-2007, 02:26 PM

chrsfrwll is on a distinguished road
The only easy way would be to Data Transfer the whole calendar. Alternatively, send one event at a time, though admitedly this would be a very time consuming process.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:46 PM

Aurial is on a distinguished road
Or Sync your phone to your PC using Outlook and PC Suite and then Sync it to his.

Provided your deselect contacts etc he'll only get the calender entries.
The only problem might be if he has a lot of stuff in his calender you might end up with it on your PC, but I'm sure if you play around with the Sync options on PC Suite you can make the Sync one way only.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:50 PM

Aurial is on a distinguished road
Coincidentaly, I work a complicated shift pattern too which is effectively three different sets of shifts with differing numbers of days off and then it repeats itself.
I found it far easier to put the three shift patterns into Outlook's calendar and then set up schedules so that it repeats the pattern every 4 weeks.
This means you only ever have to enter 3 weeks worth of shifts and Outlook works out the rest for you. Now I have my shift pattern until the end of time on my phone.
Just thought this method might be useful to you.
Ads

Old 13-10-2007, 12:31 AM

riverboat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsfrwll View Post
The only easy way would be to Data Transfer the whole calendar. Alternatively, send one event at a time, though admitedly this would be a very time consuming process.

Yes that how i wanted to do it
But where is the calendar info stored to transfer it?
Cheers