All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-02-2004, 12:45 PM

Punjabi007 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down A bug for 3650 and 3660 with no solution it seems

Hey Guys,

I just too found that like some of the other users around my phone too (3660 with firmware v.4.57) has same problem for CLOCK TIME in the LOGS. I searched and found many 3650 users have this same problem with old firwares as well.

Earlier the log time was fine but it seems since the time when I have started using my bluetooth all the LOG TIME are nearly HALF AN HOUR behind than original time. Although the clock seems to be working normally showing correct time. I never had auto time update activated as well.

This rather is very inconvenient as call records show the wrong time. Probabely as other users have been saying this happens only after you sync with PC for me too I guess this was the reason!

But somehow from all the searches I have done so far I havent got a single solution to this problem so that the log times become normal as per actual clock times!

If any one knows How to solve this please let me know to bring me out of this misery! Infact if you go to any NOKIA CARE they simply say upgrade or re install the software which is not of much use as they too don't know what could be wrong with the phone and they just want to earn money if or if not it solves the problem!

So all you symbian geniues moderating the forum please let us laymen know how we could solve this problem so that it could be settled once and for all! :sad:

Thnx

Old 28-02-2004, 02:05 AM

simpleguy_101 is on a distinguished road
hello there,

actually i also had the same problem everytime a transfer files from pc to phone and vice-versa.

then, i noticed that the time on my pc is also being copied to my phone's settings.

actually, i decided to change the settings of the nokia sync sotware so it wont change my phone's time settings.

or better update the time of your pc.

i hope you will my suggestions worthwhile...

God bless!

Old 28-02-2004, 02:19 PM

Punjabi007 is on a distinguished road
yo simpleguy thxn for the reply!

Q1. How did u change the PC SUITE settings not to change the time?

Q2. How did you restore the log time to same as your clock time?

Actually my PC clock is same as my nokia 3660z with hardly a diff of 10-30 seconds but the difference in the LOG is for HALF AN HOUR!!

I took my PC clock half an hour ahead and then connected it to the phone then i saw that my nokia 3660 also took its time half an hour ahead evn when auto time upate is off

so any of u guys know how to fix this problem and also avoid it inf uture please do lemme know! thnx

Old 04-03-2004, 01:59 PM

swing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Punjabi007
I took my PC clock half an hour ahead and then connected it to the phone then i saw that my nokia 3660 also took its time half an hour ahead evn when auto time upate is off
The auto time update setting on the phone itself is a setting as to whether the phone automatically picks up the time from the mobile network, and is not part of the PC-suite time setting functionality. However, a lot of networks do not broadcast the time (none in the UK do) and hence it's not a commonly used feature.

Old 01-04-2004, 02:44 PM
b_babooi

Did you find the answer for your problem?

I have same as problem.Did you find the answer for your problem?
my mail address is r_moosavi@yahoo.com
please if you found ,send your solving for me
thx.
Ads