All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 25-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

very nice review. I ended up buying it. The handsfree speaker is loud, the response from the menu is the fastest I have experienced in a nokia handset, certainly beat my n73. battery life is reasonably but does require recharge every 2 days or so.

Old 26-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

HSDPA Speed test

i'm just curious, if anybody using the 6120 classic as a wireless modem and done a speed test on the HSDPA networks, as well as and EDGE speed test, thanks

Old 26-07-2007, 07:44 AM
Unrigistered

FM Radio

Hi guys( and girls),

I've read a lot of reviews about the 6120.
But about 1 thing I'm not sure.

Is there yes or no a FM radio onboard?

The Nokia site don't mention it, but al lot of reviews, including this one
say there is.

Bart

Old 26-07-2007, 08:13 AM

AndyK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrigistered View Post
Hi guys( and girls),

I've read a lot of reviews about the 6120.
But about 1 thing I'm not sure.

Is there yes or no a FM radio onboard?

The Nokia site don't mention it, but al lot of reviews, including this one
say there is.

Bart

The Nokia consumer website is horribly incorrect. The developer website is much more reliable, and on this site the phone is listed as having FM-radio. Also, I would be very much surprised if AAS got it wrong it is, after all, very easy to verify the existence of a radio.

Old 26-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Sue

WiFi..

How silly! If this phone did include Wi-Fi it would be stealing the market of say.. the E65. If you want a Wi-Fi phone get that one!

Old 26-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

thanks

thanks for the review.. just wondering, i am using the n73 and thought of changing to a new phone is 6120 the right choice for me?

Old 27-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up 6120 tom tom

i tried to put tom tom mobile 5 onto a friends fone a couple of days ago with no luck, i use this in an old 6600 and it works fine, i done the usual, put the sofware onto memory card and put it back into fone as usual, u can see the files but there is no start up icon anywhere in the fone for some reason, any ideas whats up with this install?? any help will b great thanx people

Old 28-07-2007, 01:09 AM

ana is on a distinguished road
Gr8 phone

Great phone especially for the evening I think I am going to get this aside my beloved e61i.

Old 30-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Chipstix

6120 Synchonisation: Help required!

...not sure if I am posting this in the right place???.....

when I first got my Nokia 6120 classic a week ago, I synchonised it to my windows PC at work using Nokia PC Suite. I did this at the time, as no iSync plugin was available for iSync on my iMac machine at home (running OS X Tiger).

I have since located and installed a plugin for iSync for the 6120. With the plugin installed, the phone is recognised on the Mac, and the synchronisation process can be configured and started. However it fails with a message 'synchronisation error, the synchronisation was cancelled by the phone' or something similar.

Is this because the phone cannot be setup to Sync with both PC Suite and with iSync? If so, I would like to disable synchronisation with PC Suite and only ever sync with the Mac via isync. How do I do this?

If all else fails, can I restore settings to the phone (preferably without removing applications and bookmarks that I have set if possible?)

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Old 30-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy Tom Tom Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i tried to put tom tom mobile 5 onto a friends fone a couple of days ago with no luck, i use this in an old 6600 and it works fine, i done the usual, put the sofware onto memory card and put it back into fone as usual, u can see the files but there is no start up icon anywhere in the fone for some reason, any ideas whats up with this install?? any help will b great thanx people
A guy posted earlier confirming that it does work ok with a bluetooth GPS receiver but im not sure if this is true

Old 31-07-2007, 07:46 AM

AndyK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
A guy posted earlier confirming that it does work ok with a bluetooth GPS receiver but im not sure if this is true
I don't understand why you assume the phone doesn't work with a bluetooth GPS unit. The post you quote is about how one can't install TomTom mobile 5 on the phone. This is completely as it should be, as TomTom mobile doesn't support S60 3rd edition. If he had tried TomTom Navigator 6 instead, he would undoutfully have been successfull. Phones have been compatible with bluetooth GPS units for a long time, and Nokia is not going to change that for the 6120 Classic - the only compatibility issue is with software (not much of an issue, though).
Ads

Old 01-08-2007, 01:46 AM
unregistered

6300-vs-6120

can anyone tell me any advantages the 6120 has over the 6300? i'm debating between the two. The only downside i heard is that the 6120 is not as fast.
thx

Old 01-08-2007, 06:39 AM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
6300 - S40; 6120 - S60 - Symbian; The last one is a smartphone with multi-tasking OS and a lot of software to install on it. For me, 6120 is far superior!

Old 01-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Lucite

I notice on the smart phones show that the video said the 6121 was USA 3G compatible. From the comments above and from looking at the specs, it seems that the 6120 has UTMS in the 850 range which would work with AT&T. I tried to get clarification from the Nokia store in NY but they don't carry the model. Anyone know for sure that the 6120 will work with AT&T's 3G network?

Old 03-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Question question

Hello!

Does 6120 classic have an image editor feature like inserting text, frames, clip arts, and crop image? I really need to know... and also its front camera, can it take a picture and can it record a video? If it does, can it zoom before taking a picture and before recording a video?

Im not a techie, im an artist using today's phone technology that's why my questions are different from other's. Im planning of having this phone as soon as it's available here so i really need to know. please do advise, thanks!