All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-11-2012, 11:13 AM

doross4u is on a distinguished road
Symbian SIP client needed

Hello!

I have a Samsung I8910 HD mobile phone whose operating system is Symbian S60 v5 issue 9.4 as well as an account with a Greek SIP VoIP telephony service provider and therefore I need a SIP client for Symbian which can be properly installed and fully work without any dysfunctions on it.

Unfortunately, not too long after I acquired this really great piece of hardware, in the autumn of 2009, the Symbian operating system unfortunately passed away and I am very much afraid that it will rest in eternal piece for ever. All those great plans for the development of a host of applications for a wide variety of purposes which Samsung had laid down for this phone at it launch in the summer of 2009 were very soon cancelled and the device was finally abandoned by everybody. As a consequence the quest for such a SIP client has now become an extremely difficult, if not impossible, task.

No matter how hard I have tried I have failed to find a SIP VoIP application which can install and properly work on the Samsung I8910 HD cellphone. However, I am certainly not the only one in this world facing such a problem and this strong belief of mine is the reason I have decided to post to this forum in the hope that I may, in this way, get a definite answer to this problem by other more experienced users of the same mobile device.

I am thinking of digging a hole in my garden and bury this so unlucky phone there with every possible honour but before I start the preparations for its funeral, to sum up, I would like to very simply ask everybody out there: "Is there a Symbian SIP VoIP client for the Samsung I8910 HD mobile phone? And if yes, where can I get it from?". It wouldn't be at all a problem if shall have to pay a fee for it as long as it is available.

Your experience and knowledge in this respect will be greatly appreciated and will be of great help to me.
Ads