All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 10-06-2004, 06:58 PM

icthus is on a distinguished road
USB Problems with A920

Hi

I have just got a Motorola A920, and am pleased with it. However, I cannot get it to work with my PC through the USB cable. I installed the orignal software from the CD, and connected the mobile to the PC. I then opened the A920 Desktop Suite, and clicked on the connect on the mobile. After a minute or so it says that connection failed. I notice on the bottom right of the Desktop Suite, that it says "disconnected". I am running XP pro, which seems to have found the phone and installed the driver.

Please, can anyone help me here?

Many thanks
Andrew
Ads

Old 13-06-2004, 11:50 AM
Jens

I had the same problem too, but i think yours may be easy to solve. There are something that looks like two arrows in the lower right corner of your screen (next to the clock). Doubleclick those and you will se a window with all your com ports. Just mark all of them and then try to connect. After connecting you should only keep the one where the phone is connected marked.

Hope it works it
Jens

Quote:
Originally Posted by icthus
Hi

I have just got a Motorola A920, and am pleased with it. However, I cannot get it to work with my PC through the USB cable. I installed the orignal software from the CD, and connected the mobile to the PC. I then opened the A920 Desktop Suite, and clicked on the connect on the mobile. After a minute or so it says that connection failed. I notice on the bottom right of the Desktop Suite, that it says "disconnected". I am running XP pro, which seems to have found the phone and installed the driver.

Please, can anyone help me here?

Many thanks
Andrew

Old 13-06-2004, 08:16 PM
Pierre

Hi there

Remember to activate Desktop Suite on the phone too! Sounds like you have the same problem as I used to have... It's a two way connection, so you have to click connect in "control panel -> Desktop Suite" in the phones menu.

Hope it helps!

- Pierre R. Jørgensen

Old 26-06-2004, 01:12 PM
Sismo

d

have you had our phone updated???

I had the same problem, but after the update and a little Tutorial. NO PROBLEMS

If you are danish, try to visit the www.3.dk page and go to SUPPORT. there is a guide there...!!

Sismo