All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-02-2011, 10:46 PM

Ausrius is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Nokia n70 mmc doing nonsenses :/

Hello. I bought n70 and it was with original mmc card with 64mb capacity. Everything works fine until i bought other mmc. Kingston MMC Mobile 1gb. So I uploaded some music in it and when out from pc. When I was trying to listen music I noticed, that some songs are not playing. So I tought that it's phone problem. Later I was trying to install theme in to phone and I had message "File corrupted". It looked strange to me cuz when I had 64mb MMC that theme was working. So I decidet to remove mmc from the phone and install theme again. And it works fine. Same with other software. If card in phone and trying to install something - "File corrupted", if remove card everything going well. I was trying to format card, but that are not helping.

So maybe someone have suggestions

P.S. Sorry for my English

Last edited by Ausrius; 19-02-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Ads

Old 19-02-2011, 11:39 AM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Faulty Card / Warranty ?

I don't know if the N70 will support an 1GB card , but anyway you can try this :
1) format the card on your PC using the FAT32 format . When this is successfull
2) format the card once more in the N70 . Menu > Memorycard > Options > Format . And try again .
Technically it is possible , one - or some - of the files you want to store is corrupted . In that case you have a lot of work to find out : try one by one .
In case the card is corrupted or faulty , you can turn it in under warranty . Kingston gives several years warranty .

Regards jApi NL

Old 19-02-2011, 05:40 PM

Ausrius is on a distinguished road
Wink Strange.

I don't know what a problem are here, but I think I solved it. So today, when I wake up I was dissapointed about all this, but I still wanted to listen the music. Phone was still doing nonsenses but I noticed another one thing - that I having problems with just new songs (~16MB, 320KB/s) older songs playing well. So I decided to do stupid thing - convert all songs to 128KB/s. And I don't know how, but now everything working fine. TTPOD finds all songs (At first was added 42 songs and stopped) Phone aren't laging and I dont know how it possible, but applications installing well. So I hope, that everything stays like that all the time. But anyway, thank you for the help

Last edited by Ausrius; 20-02-2011 at 12:09 PM.