All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-10-2004, 03:52 PM

bojan79 is on a distinguished road
Nokia 6600 system error

Hi

i have on my nokia on starup message "system error" and when i click "ok" i can use a phone but i cant type a letters only nubers ... for example when i write a message its show only nubers, letters are not show .... I try to reset photne "setting > phone > general" but i get error "application error" when i try to active general option. I get this problem when i playing abuble game on my phone. So can i repair my phone. Where i can dowload instalation version of symbian. Or is there second way to fix the problem.

Thanks !!!!

Old 29-10-2004, 06:38 AM
ntyaar

hi

*#7370#
this will reset all ur factory setings
all ur software will go whicg u have added

Old 29-10-2004, 07:14 AM

alexandra_v is on a distinguished road
You should go for a hard reset. You will loose everything new you have installed but probably it will bring your phone back to normal and solve this problem.

Old 17-11-2004, 12:51 AM
Philbert

Thumbs up Series 60 Reset Code

Just a quick note while passing through

The *#7370# is the equivalent of a hard reset on any SERIES 60 mobile. It will delete all software/settings etc., and restore all applications to as they where when the phone was bought.
You can get the SYSTEM ERROR problems from corrupted/edited/deleted/incompatible files that are in use, either in the fone or on an MM/SD card fitted. To see which is at fault, simply remove the card & turn on the fone again!
I get these errors often as I make software on these things (just starting).

Hope that helps somebody. (i've tried it on my 6600/n-gage/7650 & 3650).

Old 18-11-2004, 05:35 AM
diwanji

Cool

try removing some trial applications . or later try hard resetting u r phone

Old 20-11-2004, 07:41 AM

Mad_dog is on a distinguished road
the best way to restore ur phone to factory settings if ur phone gets screwd up is by doing a full phone format

Do a Full phone formatting on your 6600! as steps below,

1. Make sure you have at least 3/4 charge of battery power left.

2. Backup your contacts list and personal files to MMC memory card.

3. Switch-off your 6600 phone.

4. Press and hold 3 keys;

Green dial key, * (star key) & no. 3 key and then press the power on/off to swtich on the 6600 phone.

Remember, do not let go all of the keys and hold keys until you see a formatting word screen show!

5. After a few minutes when the Full phone formatting completed, your 6600 will back to original system and factory settting.

All apps installed & id not of the phones' default will be lost. If you did a backup on your mmc, you can restore it back to the C drive again.

Old 22-11-2004, 11:21 AM
ouzou

none

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan79
Hi

i have on my nokia on starup message "system error" and when i click "ok" i can use a phone but i cant type a letters only nubers ... for example when i write a message its show only nubers, letters are not show .... I try to reset photne "setting > phone > general" but i get error "application error" when i try to active general option. I get this problem when i playing abuble game on my phone. So can i repair my phone. Where i can dowload instalation version of symbian. Or is there second way to fix the problem.

Thanks !!!!

Old 25-11-2004, 01:10 AM
niqui so

Exclamation N6600 system error

what if i cant press any key and in a few seconds it will display general system error..what will i do to solve this problem? is there any solutions?..i really need an answer, pls help me...thanks..

Old 05-01-2005, 01:04 AM
Unregistered1

I found that neither Formatting nor using the rest code will actually reset the phone to complete factory defaults. best evidence of that is the wallet will always have the information you save in it.
so it looks like all those two functions really do is get riod of the obvious and not actually reset memory to original state.
if anyone knows a way around please say as I have a bug in my fone that i cannot pin point it. but it seems the OS it self is corrupt some how and it looks like my only option is to get the firmware upgraded or re done.

Old 27-06-2005, 09:15 PM

sahir_jaan is on a distinguished road
Wink Don't worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan79
Hi

Thanks !!!!
Just Download Arabic Farsi Urdu software version 1.40 from this site www.psiloc.com and install on ur Nokia 6600 and restart your mobile and after while your problem will solve Inshah Allah bcoz the same thing happend with me and i done same what i tald u trust me

Sahir Jaan

Old 10-07-2005, 04:44 AM

edifgrto is on a distinguished road
Mate,

Since many members here asking you to do soft format and hard format etc. May be you can you try this first to see if this works?

1. Use any File explorer application in your phone
2. Go to C:\System\ directory.
3. Select and highlight a file named System.ini
4. Choose to delete this System.ini
5. Reboot and see how things go.
6. If still not working, then format... :(

Good luck!

1 ) Posting information about illegal softwares are prohibited (Serial or Activation numbers, Patches etc)
2 ) Don't trade applications.
3 ) Please use search function before posting.
4 ) Don't post repetitive threads/topics.

Old 29-05-2006, 08:29 AM

Lesser is on a distinguished road
6600 General system error

Will i lose my Photos formatting the phone?
Ads

Old 29-05-2006, 08:32 AM

Lesser is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_dog
the best way to restore ur phone to factory settings if ur phone gets screwd up is by doing a full phone format

Do a Full phone formatting on your 6600! as steps below,

1. Make sure you have at least 3/4 charge of battery power left.

2. Backup your contacts list and personal files to MMC memory card.

3. Switch-off your 6600 phone.

4. Press and hold 3 keys;

Green dial key, * (star key) & no. 3 key and then press the power on/off to swtich on the 6600 phone.

Remember, do not let go all of the keys and hold keys until you see a formatting word screen show!

5. After a few minutes when the Full phone formatting completed, your 6600 will back to original system and factory settting.

All apps installed & id not of the phones' default will be lost. If you did a backup on your mmc, you can restore it back to the C drive again.
Hey Mad dog , How do i back up my contacts etc when the General system error wont even let me into my phone?
Cheers

Old 07-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Banned

rrrrr is on a distinguished road
Red face What is Bookmark.db??? type audio/wav

i have a problem with my fone.
i have noticed that the <file>.log has a type of audio/wav...same do happen to <file>.db and <file>.ini... (note: not all file with that extention has same problem...

please help me,
i did happen just a week after... the las time i check on it, it is not a audio/wav type.... is there any problem with my fone...?

Old 03-01-2007, 08:26 AM

Yasean is on a distinguished road
Unhappy help needed...

I really appreciated guys.. it really works
take care all..
...Peace...

Last edited by Yasean; 03-01-2007 at 08:56 AM.