All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 14-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Renewed Sports Tracker adds S60 3.2 support

In April a renewed version of Sports Tracker, which turns your phone into a GPS sports computer, was released for S60 5th Edition devices. In the meantime Sports Tracking Technologies have launched their website and now they have made available a S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2 version of the application. S60 3.2 devices were supported by the old version of Sports Tracker, but the new version has a number of extra features and UI tweaks. It will also support the new online service, which is set to become available shortly.

Read on in the full article.

Old 14-05-2010, 12:01 PM

Dead1nside is on a distinguished road
It's great news that they're extending support. It's perhaps one of the handful of applications I'd actually pay for. Shame it looks like FP1 just misses out.

The availability of Bluetooth heart rate monitors is also very low, perhaps they could advertise which ones they mean. Apart from the limited Polar one, I've not seen one.

Old 14-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Allwise

Maemo support

Maemo is still missing out. I really hope that they are working on a version for this. Itīs the application I by far miss the most from going from Symbian to Maemo.

Old 14-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allwise View Post
Maemo is still missing out. I really hope that they are working on a version for this. Itīs the application I by far miss the most from going from Symbian to Maemo.
That is why I am still using Symbian!

Old 14-05-2010, 01:39 PM

darren.mac is on a distinguished road
Great, it even does an auto-import of your track recordings, if you had the original Nokia Sports Tracker installed. Nice!

Darren.

Old 14-05-2010, 01:42 PM
flexluthor

@dark1inside: there's also Zephyr's HRM. Don't know if it's compatible though..

Old 14-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Satio

Is this application compatible with the Sony Ericcson Satio and Vivaz? Better than endomondo?

Old 14-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Very nice on the E55 - the zoom in/out using '5' and '0' don't seem to work though? (possibly one of those annoying half-qwerty key mapping issues?)

Old 14-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

very nice

It can be installed together with the old sports tracker and does an import of the old data.

I will check it out while mountain biking on the weekend.

I also love the use of open street maps. I have been marking all my favourite tracks on open street map and now I can see the result of all the work.

Old 14-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

Really nice app. Improves the old sports tracker. i hope they get the web side of things up and running. i certainly prefer it to endomondo.

Old 14-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

track export

didnt the previoud version of the tracker support the export feature?

Old 15-05-2010, 02:14 AM
Unregistered

BT Belt

I searched and I searched and found no BT Heart Rate Belt available. Many bulletin board postings of dissatisfied folks wanting to use this feature. Some trying similar devices and it not pairing with the Sports Tracker software. If ANYONE has found a BT heart rate monitor that will work with this. Please let us all know. The one from Polar is unavailable!

Old 15-05-2010, 10:32 PM

Dead1nside is on a distinguished road
I agree there needs to be a Maemo/MeeGo version. Hopefully they've thought about this and have been using Qt.

As for the Bluetooth heart rate belt, yeh I hear you. There was one of the Polar for Nokia's on ebay UK, it was at Ģ85... That's demand for you.
Ads

Old 17-05-2010, 11:54 AM

deadkenny is on a distinguished road
They've said about supporting more platforms so I'm betting Maemo/MeeGo is on the cards. Not sure about Qt though as the 3.2 version didn't appear to install any Qt libraries.

I'm not sure Ovi Store is set up for Qt apps yet either. I think there's a plan to do so given stuff I've read about the Qt Smart Installer, which wraps up your app with all the stuff required for Qt, but currently you can't publish those apps in the store.

Anyway, looks good on 3.2 phones. I really like the OpenStreetMap support as you can see a lot of trails and paths on there.

HR monitors I think will be the business they'll have through their accessory store. Currently ST only supports the one monitor that Nokia sold via one of their phones, but looks like they'll expand that given they talk about "compatible" monitors on their web site and not that specific one.

Aside from that, the question is whether the online service will be offered free.

Old 18-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadkenny View Post
Aside from that, the question is whether the online service will be offered free.
I wouldn't be surprised if the online service would cost something. They're after all an own startup nowadays, and have to make some business too.

I've tried Endomondo on my E72, but the the tracks I've recorded with it are not too accurate. It seems Endomondo isn't applying any kind of filtering. Sports Tracker (the old one) used to be better. Haven't really tried the new version yet, although I downloaded it already.