All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 22-06-2004, 11:51 AM
geodor

Romania - the nowhere country

Does anyone know any payng site where I can buy N3650 software in Romania ?
With romanian money, MAESTRO or VISA card ? I understand from the bank I own this cards (BRD) that it is not possible to use the cards for paying in USD or EURO.

I wouldn't like to go for pirated software just because I don't have a place to buy from... :(((
And I mean real software, not games. Because CONNEX (wich is my op) offers alot of games but no serious software (like callerID, MP3Player, etc.).

So... Any suggestion ?

Old 22-06-2004, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

GRIM REAPER will become famous soon enough
are you sure you cannot use your visa card?

sounds a little strange to me.

Old 22-06-2004, 01:22 PM
geodor

I can use it. But only in Romania and for romanian currency. I cannot pay in foreign currencies. And even if I can, there are a verry few sites that will accept Romania. Don't know why.... :(
For example, Nokia Shop doesn't have Romania on its lists. But they have a romanian site...

Old 22-06-2004, 02:17 PM

dhanesh is on a distinguished road
so y dunt u try buying from teh romanian site of nokia ?? they mite accept in romanian currency or try a search on amazon for softwares u like .. mite help u ..

cheerz

Old 25-06-2004, 06:50 AM
geodor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanesh
so y dunt u try buying from teh romanian site of nokia ?? they mite accept in romanian currency or try a search on amazon for softwares u like .. mite help u ..

cheerz
I tried with a book on amazon and they told me thst romania is not on their distribution list.
Romania have no commercial sites to sell phone software. The only site you can buy software here is your GSM provider (operator). Connex doesn't sell software to Orange users and Orange doesn't sell software to Connex users. Any way either of them sell only games. From about 3 pages full of software I couldn't find more than 1 software (a password manager). That's all. But I would like to buy something more. I have my head for managing my passwords and my account numbers. So, that software is useless for me
Ads

Old 25-06-2004, 09:14 AM

MirekCz is on a distinguished road
hmm, you can try www.bitween.com shop for bitween products (many larger cellphone publishers sell their software directly from their site).
Unfortunetly I think you can pay only in Euro/USD.. so don't know if it works for you.

The problem is that, unfortunetly, many Romanians make scams/use fraudand cards etc. That's why almost everyone blocks them... it simply doesn't make sense to get 1 real buyer when 10 fraudant buys are made in the same time (and they cost money to the person that sells stuff as credit card companies charge sellers for fraudand actions)

You can also check if handango or other sites accept paypal sales or similar and try to get paypal account...

Unfortunetly you might be out of luck...