All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-01-2004, 02:07 PM

Muzikfreakah is on a distinguished road
Audio Over Bluetooth Now Possible for 6600, when for P900?

Sorry guys, dont really know if this belongs here but im a p900 owner and I have discovered to day that the Nokia 6600 has a lot of issues with bluetooth headsets and that is its downside BUT, one very good thing is it can already transfer audio sound (mono) via bluetooth bluetooth headsets.

Heres the story:
You see I own a computer store here in the Philippines and we also sell bluetooth headsets, the Jabra and Plantronics headset.

A customer of mine who bought a Jabra BT200 was complaining that her Jabra easily looses all its powere in a mere standby time(yes, she tested it without talking to anyone) of just a few hours,6-8 hrs to be exact. I was shocked by this because I never did test it with a 6600 but I know for a fact that the it works well on the P800/P900 units since I had one (had because my dog chewed mine to bits). So I asked her to return it for testing and I descovered that its not the Jabra does has a problem, its the Nokia 6600 that has problems with the BT Headset. After posting in forums and emailing Jabra, they send me a signed document from Jabra Marketing that the its now official, nokia 6600 software is the proble, it connects to the Bluetooth headset as a HEADSET and transfers all audio from the 6600 to the headset including keypad tones, Message Tones, Audio Tones.. any sound that the 6600 produces it transfers it to the BT headset therefore consuming all the power of the bluetooth headset in a very short time.

After Jabra sent this document to me, I decided to try it with another headset, the Plantronics M3000 which has longer battery life and bosts an hour talk time period! Upon my testing.. Its still the same, it lasts longer though instead of standby time of 6-8 you get on the Jabra, you get around 8-10 hrs on this.. So talktime would probably be just a few minutes...

Now im not saying that SE should follow this but we should also have a headset option which we can enable and disable allowing us to listen to our audio through our headsets..

I dont mind it being mono really, as of the moment, its ok.. As long as there is music wirelessly!!! :-)

What do you think?

Old 11-01-2004, 07:56 AM

Delta737 is on a distinguished road
Re: Audio Over Bluetooth Now Possible for 6600, when for P900?

Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikfreakah
What do you think?
That it drains the headset's battery too much, to be really usefull....

Old 22-02-2004, 02:21 PM

BadMarienberger is on a distinguished road
Question

Any news???
I like Music via bluetooth, the batterie lifetime is a different issue as there are several headsets available