All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-03-2004, 12:58 PM
nimi

Red face Apps Closed Childinstaller

Ive really had it with my nokia 6600 i had downloaded a few games it was working fine then i went to download Space doubler java application and that really made my fone relatively slow........since all my newly installed programes were on my memory card and to enable my fone to work properly then i had get rid of the space doubler therefore i decided to format my memory card and that solved my problem even the space was ok and nothing was slow anymore.

However when i tried to downloads games and other java applications again to my fone i was getting this really annoying message popping up all the time saying "APPS CLOSE CHILD INSTALLER".

Now this is where im completely stuck!!!!!!!! Please help me sort myself out.

nimi

Old 05-03-2004, 03:21 PM

freedom is on a distinguished road
check out the link 2 below this one and search the forum. this has been covered a few times already

Old 05-03-2004, 08:12 PM

sco2001 is on a distinguished road
could you just say anyway i couldn't find anything about childinstaller when i searched. What app does it?

http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml

Old 05-03-2004, 10:49 PM

freedom is on a distinguished road
i don't think anyone knows what apps do it yet. you may have to format your phone

Old 28-03-2004, 03:23 AM
Sparkxxxx

Unhappy Apps Close Child Installer

I'm having the same problem with my 6600.......APPS CLOSE CHILD INSTALLER...... I've tried looking around for a soultion for this. No luck.

Does anyone have any idea on how to slove it. Cannot install any applications.

Old 04-04-2004, 01:35 PM
helios

Thumbs up Problem solved!

I've had the same problem as well. the only way to solve it is to re-format you mobile. To do this press *#7370# then enter the default lock code: 12345. The phone will then restart. HOWEVER, this will erase all information(pictures, video clips etc...) from the phone memory. this will also restart your phone settings. but this is no big, all you've gotta do is to set them up again I used the code myself and it worked; all the applications are now functioning.
Did this help you? Send me feedback on helios@nextgen.net.mt

Old 13-04-2004, 09:17 AM
Nitro546

Talking

THankx for the help Helios, I had the same problem and couldnt find how to solve it anywhere! I did what u said and hey presto, Java apps work again!!!!
Apart from having to reset a few little things like date and time everything else (including everything installed on the MMC) was fine! Just make sure u copy all ur Contacts to the Sim card first so u can retrieve them after the re-format.

Old 30-04-2004, 06:13 PM
HeresJohnny

Ive had some problems with this childinstaller too, I downloaded some games and fired em onto my memory card and then Im getting this childinstaller error, I cant remove the games as the phone freezes, so I guess I need to format the memory card with a card reader and soft format my phone back to normal.
Am I correct in thinking that if I format my memory card and soft format my phone the problem should go away?

Old 19-10-2004, 01:55 AM
doctairgun

Talking ty very much for bringing my phone back to its shining glory

ty very much. it did help my 7610 rise up to its expectations. I reset my phone and now i could download games and applications without the hassle and the fear of ChildInstaller closing it even if it is not yet complete. ty very much hope i could pay you.

Old 03-11-2004, 05:49 AM

moroscope is on a distinguished road
hi there...please help me with my problem about my Nokia 6600, it just went wrong while using it in a normal manner. the problem is: there is no message alert tone whenever i receive a text message, i have already checked my profile and the settings but still it wont work and one thing more, there are three (3) draft messages in the draft file that contains nothing and when i tried deleting it, the files are still there... i hope you can spare a minute of your time helping me solve my problem. and i wanna say thank you for the post you gave regarding the child installer thing... more power!!!

Old 03-11-2004, 11:46 AM

DarkStarUK is on a distinguished road
i've had this same problem as well on my phone. You may want to try this as it worked for me:

from your phone, navigate to C:\system\Data\midp2\systemams\
In there you should see a couple of files. Delete these files and then restart your phone. What should happen is the phone will then replace these files you just delelted from its ROM and all should work good...

i tried this because i didnt want to format my phone as i had a lot of applications installed, etc etc...

doing this will re-enable your java apps and get rid of the error. you should be now be able to run, install and un-install java apps without any problems

even if this doesn't work for you, the format option will work anyway so you got nothing to lose in trying it.

hope this helps

Last edited by DarkStarUK; 03-11-2004 at 11:49 AM.
Ads

Old 03-12-2004, 12:44 PM
Al-1

Smile

Thanks Helios@nextgen.net.mt for solving my problem in my Nokia 6260... You are truly genius...

Old 04-12-2004, 08:27 AM
Unregistered69

ChildInstaller

I had the same problem on my phone its a virus through downloaded apps and games. I had 2 of my 6600's infected and the only way to rectify the problem is to restore phone to factory settings.

If you have files and contacts I suggest you back them up to your MMC card. Take the following steps to hard reset your handset.

1. Back-up files ie: pictures, files of importance and contacts. (Don't bother with your Apps or Java games, chances are one of them is the infected file)

2. Type the following code into your phone : *#7370#

3. You will be prompted with a confirmation to restart the phone, select YES.

Your phone will reboot with the original factory settings, just as new...

Now all you have to do is be carefull where u download your apps and Java games.

Old 06-12-2004, 11:21 PM

garyparson is on a distinguished road
I had this on my phone when I'd just got it back from an upgrade to 5.27.0

Never seen it before the upgrade.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:16 PM

charly_yan is on a distinguished road
Childinstaller on 6600

Where are you DarkStarUK? six years are past but you still the same bigger DarkStarUK. You are so Great my friend. I dont know you but i'm sure thate i'll like you if i see you.
Thank's again for that
"i've had this same problem as well on my phone. You may want to try this as it worked for me:

from your phone, navigate to C:\system\Data\midp2\systemams\
In there you should see a couple of files. Delete these files and then restart your phone. What should happen is the phone will then replace these files you just delelted from its ROM and all should work good...

i tried this because i didnt want to format my phone as i had a lot of applications installed, etc etc...

doing this will re-enable your java apps and get rid of the error. you should be now be able to run, install and un-install java apps without any problems

even if this doesn't work for you, the format option will work anyway so you got nothing to lose in trying it.

hope this helps