All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-01-2004, 03:10 AM

bug is on a distinguished road
Question Strange MMC/6600 Behaviour

Hello. This is my first post to this forum and I realised that this is by far the most developed community regarding my phone, 6600, and not only.

On to the problem now. It has occured about 3 or 4 times: I enter the gallery, then turn right (using the joystick) and there are no files in the MMC card looking as if it was empty. The 1st time all I did was exit the gallery and enter again and the problem got fixed. The 2nd or 3rd time I had to reboot the phone after of which the problem was fixed. Last night though, this happened again.

I transfered about 100 images using bluetooth from my PC to my phone, in packets of 25 (so about 4 packets more or less). After that, I entered the gallery and nothing was there! I rebooted the phone, still the MMC looked empty from the Gallery. I remove the phone's case, re-inserted the MMC and booted again but nothing changed. So I opened FExplorer and saw that the MMC was _not_ empty. On the contrary, everything was there apart from the contents of the entire images folder inside of which I had another folder named "Wallpapers" that contained the wallpapers.

I notice 3 strange things. 1st, why did this happen at first place? Why couldn't I see anything from the Gallery? 2nd, why the images were the only ones that got deleted/lost? 3rd, the MMC was not empty, sounds e.t.c., were still there so why didn't they appear in the Gallery?

What I did was backup my contacts, format the phone, then the MMC and then restored my contacts and set up my phone again and it now seems to be OK. This is the 1st serious problem I met with my device so I wondered if anyone has any idea why all this happened or has similar experience...

Thanx in advance and sorry for the long post.

Old 06-01-2004, 03:44 AM

daniatt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hello. This is my first post to this forum and I realised that this is by far the most developed community regarding my phone, 6600, and not only.
Welcome mate AAS is very informative place.

Reformatting phone and MMC did the trick which could corruption of files. Hopefully, it will not happen again. If it does, bring the phone to the nearest Nokia center so they can check your phone and the MMC. You ask for a replacement if the items are 1 week old. If older than a week, they'll do a repair or maintenance.

I can see the stuff in my phones and mmc from the gallery without a glitch but I'm not using the 32MB of MMC that came with the phone. Im using another.

Old 06-01-2004, 12:44 PM

bug is on a distinguished road
Thanx for the reply. I am also thinking of buying a 128MB MMC card Lexar, SanDisk or Kingston but only when the 32MB card isn't enough...