All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-12-2007, 10:31 AM

Location: split time between New York City and North Tonawanda, NY USA
mniss is on a distinguished road
Wanted: phone like E62 but with decent performance (US)

I gather the E62 has a rather pitiful internal memory and a wimpy processor (or a bad memory management routine in the OS) because it crashes and hangs frequently if one uses it to run relatively complex software. It is also very, very slow (even the included applications such as the word processor and PIM).

I have also not found a way to use my memory card to store the email and PIM data so as to free up the phone memory as much as possible.

Aside from these major performance problems, I LOVE the E62's features, its form factor (easily pocketable), excellent screen and full qwerty keyboard, available software, and the potential for developing my own software in Flashlite, Java, or C++. Can I get a similar phone with better performance?

Unfortunately I am in the US and thus locked into a carrier (AT&T, was Cingular) which has a terribly slow network, making the performance even more pitiful....

Millie
Ads