All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 15-02-2003, 10:40 AM

Kern-Exec 3 error with e-mail/messaging

Hi,
Could somebody help me with the e-mail application. I have used my communicator to check e-mails in the past but now I get Kern-Exec 3 error when I try to open downloaded e-mails. When I download the messages I have selected, everything goes smoothly and "short" e-mails which are only couple of lines long can be opened. However, when I try open a longer one, the application is trying to refresh the display and after few seconds I get Kern-Exec error. The problem occurs only for the e-mails I download remotely from the server. The same e-mails which are synchronised from the computer using PC Suite can be opened without problems.

Help would be highly appreciated, I travel a lot and I desperately need to read my e-mails remotely. I already tried to format both drives C: and D: and re-installed everything but still no luck! I realised today that if I use C: drive as message storage, I do not get the error. However, if the messages are download when drive d:n has been the message storage, those "old" messages result in the same error. There are also other strange issues, like the e-mails addresses in the To: and cc: fields. There is only a couple of e-mail addresses to which messages have been sent, but the rest of them have disappeared and replaced by "NIL@NIL".
Ads