All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 12-11-2006, 05:55 AM

str|ct9 is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danpe
I have a recurring error that is driving me mad. Unexpectedly all my own message folders and mail account are deleted from my N91. It had happened 4 times in the last 2 weeks after working properly in 3 months. I have had my firmware updated to 1.10.030 04-05--06 RM43
I have tried to save them on the harddisk, but this seems to be an "intelligent erase", all other files and applications are unaffacted. Any similar experiences?
This is my proffesional tool, and its so frustrating when you work with an communiacting tool you canīt trust. What to do?

Had the same problem as above , but using
N91V 2.00.052
21-08-06
RM-43
N91 (30.02)
My phone crashed..and after it restarted I had lost all of the msgs in
'MY FOLDERS'...I would really like to know how to restore them as I belive they are still on my phone..I still have all the *.smil *.txt *.jpg etc...it's just that the folders or the file containing the folder names or file locations has gone

they (the msgs) seem to still B there yet I cant see them threw the 'msg manager'.. ...I have lost many "important" items... pls help
TY

Old 12-11-2006, 05:57 AM

mimaketi2 is on a distinguished road
Hi, I have a nokia n91 that died. It seems i am the only one on the internet with this problem. My phone will just blink when i try to turn it on. Three times. Never getting to the nokia logo. It won't do anything else. I can't send it in for repair but that is another story is there anything i can do to save it.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:10 AM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
With N91, maybe You are the only one. But with others phones, is a different story. Same thing happen to me in passed with 7710 and others. Is just like that, it died, and nothing else to do.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:03 PM

jithendran is on a distinguished road
hard ware problem

hi mate, i do have a serious problem with my 4 gb hard disk (n91), i cudnt access my music player, tried refreshing music library, its refreshing for ages with out actually refreshing itself.... even worse when i tried to format my hard disk (full and quil format) it said hard ware is used by another application so disk not found...
can u help me out, i wud really appreciate ya patience and techinical wits...
thanks mate...

Old 12-11-2006, 10:36 PM

music101 is on a distinguished road
Some help

Hi

Here is a link to some great tips that can hopefully help some people

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2006/10/19/to...our-nokia-n91/

1) For the phone that just blinks try a hard reset

2) For the HDD unavailable being in use see the tips. Also if they do not work make sure you do not have your theme/wallpaper running on the HDD. AND you can try: Boot up the phone with the battery cover off. Then after it boots fully put the battery cover on (activates HDD) then format it.

music
Ads

Old 12-11-2006, 10:42 PM

Messages on HDD

Hi

Note that the tips recommend against setting the message memory to your HDD

music

Old 12-11-2006, 10:44 PM

Hi

Here is a link to some great tips that can hopefully help some people

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2006/10/19/to...our-nokia-n91/

For the HDD unavailable being in use see the tips. Also if they do not work make sure you do not have your theme/wallpaper running on the HDD. AND you can try: Boot up the phone with the battery cover off. Then after it boots fully put the battery cover on (activates HDD) then format it.

Old 13-11-2006, 03:49 AM

jithendran is on a distinguished road
hard disk prob - N91

hi dude,
i got a prob with N91 hard disk, i cudnt access the music menu and the music player as well, but i cud play songs from media option in the menu. Also when i tried to format (full and quick) hard disk it`s saying hard disk not found...

switched of phone several times and tried the same, still wudnt work... thanks a lot mate.....
i wud appreciate ur patience....

Old 13-11-2006, 09:49 PM

Music player database

Hi

So you can play music using Gallery but not using the Music player. Well at last that means your HDD is actually ok but the database for the music player is screwed up. (I assume you have refreshed your library using refresh option its not just saying No songs is it?)

1) See my the links to my tips above (it may make sence to upgrade the sw)

2) If that doesnt work you can go in and erase themusic database then power the phone off and on (it will remake it)

- From file manager (tab over to the HDD)
FIND
In HDD
Find Text: add in system. This will bring up a folder that has the system files.
You will see Apps, data and temp folders
Go into data and delete the MG2 folder (this has the databases on the HDD).
On power up these are recreated. Power the device on and off.

Old 25-11-2006, 02:21 PM

007cool64 is on a distinguished road
I have forgotten the lock code of my N91?

Hi i am new to this forum & i have a N91 & i hve forgotten the lockcode for my cell phone pls help me
my emi # 358353/00/182456/5
Thanx

Old 25-11-2006, 03:01 PM

If You didnīt change the code, must be 12345, the default one.

Old 01-12-2006, 08:46 PM

lalu4u is on a distinguished road
smart movie player for n91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
I've been preparing to write an N91 real world article (I'm still going to). One of the thing I wanted to do was offer to answer any question people might have at the tail end of the review. However there's no reason I can't include some of these in the article itself. I'm also limited time wise... so if you have any N91 questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them.
hi i am himanshu.c.s searching for some software of n91 like want smart movie player for n91 i have tried many other smart movie player but its not working in it so can u please guide me in it? thank u

Old 06-12-2006, 10:01 AM

AKA89 is on a distinguished road
how can I view the album art in the Media Gallery, i can manually modify it from the music player and see it only in the music player, but I can't see it in the media gallery...

I bought a used N91, and it had a song in the media gallery that showed an album art,....how can I do that?

Old 17-12-2006, 08:43 AM
sydraider

Hi guys, nice forum you have here, im hoping someone can help me with a problem I have with my n91.

I was having memory problems, especially with recieving txt messages. I changed my messages to my hard drive, still I would be notified that I did not have enough memory to recieve incoming messages.

I reformatted my hard drive and then changed messages back to phone memory. I cleared my internet cache and auto bookmarks, I have over 1mb of free memory to recieve messages which is heaps.

Now to recieve incoming txts, I have to turn the phone off, then back on. Some of them come up some dont. Do i have a virus?

Is there any settings I can change to alleviate this problem?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 17-12-2006, 10:09 AM

Is not a virus, because theres no virus for S60v3, untill now. Try a FW of phone, but do a phone backup first, or the lost is total