All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-07-2003, 04:49 PM

marckranat is on a distinguished road
orange giving me the runaround on my dead p800

seems the game is,
orange promise to exchange dead handsets within 24 hours.
but when you call in a fault, what ever you discribe as the fault, you are always told an engineer will call you back (how helpful if your phones dead). you are first told it will take 36 hours for an engineer to call, then when you chase them 48 hours later, you are told it might take upto 7 days to get an engineer to call, how it can take upto 7 days for an engineer to confirm that a phone will not switch on is dead and needs replacement is beyond belief.
so what it boils down to is that the 1 day promise is really 8 days.
how sad is that. if i get my phone replaced i will let you all know. if anyone knows a reliable service provider that doesnt lie, please let me know, i am desperate and rely on my phone.

Old 05-07-2003, 07:19 PM

Meero is on a distinguished road
If your P800 won't start, try taking out the battery, then press and hold the power button while you reinsert the battery. Don't know why it works, but it has helped me a couple of times.

Old 05-07-2003, 07:35 PM

thanks, but tried it already

all went horrlibly wrong doing a backup, when it said restarting..... it didnt.

after threats of posting my orange misery, they have promised a replacement tomorrow.
Ads

Old 06-07-2003, 05:35 AM

Delta737 is on a distinguished road
Re: thanks, but tried it already

Quote:
Originally Posted by marckranat
after threats of posting my orange misery, they have promised a replacement tomorrow.
It looks like they're too late already

Old 06-07-2003, 12:55 PM

just soyou all know...

ok, a replacement has turned up, i think 3 days is a joke, and i guess i only got a replacement this soon as i nagged a lot (90 mins on the phone), and threw around a lot of threats. the phone dying is one thing. i still have the problem of loosing my screen protector, and begging new serial numbers for 3 softwares i bought that are tied to the old phones serial number. and orange behave like they are doing me a favour.

Old 06-07-2003, 06:07 PM

sidneylopsides is on a distinguished road
My P800 died one night, i rang orange about midnight and got a brand new one by courier at 6pm that day, no probs. Mine was not turning on, i told the guy on the phone what i had tried, did what he suggested etc, took about 10min.
I have orange care on mine, i dont know if that makes a difference.
At least yours is done!
Alcatel Easy DB, Sony J70, Ericsson T68i, Pogo, SE P800, Motorola V70, and now SE T610!

Old 06-07-2003, 10:48 PM

omar_g is on a distinguished road
Orange care makes a big difference. Without it they are under no obligation to replace the handset.

My friend's phone crashed during a backup, he has Orange care. They refused to cover it (it was barred to all networks) and wanted 300 plus the 12 months Orange care upfront for a replacment. He sent it to Celestia who had it for 3 weeks before sending him out a brand new, unbranded, unlocked, updated, P800 free of charge.

Then again, the one time I had to use my Orange care was on a Motorola V66 and they had a new one on my door step the next morning. I even had a choice of when the courier would come, and he was on the dot!

Its a mixed bag with Orange...

Old 07-07-2003, 07:54 AM

chunkstar is on a distinguished road
I lost my battery cover on a boozed up night out about a week ago, I looked all around the mobile shops for a replacment, even begging for the covers off the dummy display phones, all to no avail.

Then, yesterday I phoned Orange (I have orange care) to see if they could help me out. They said no probs, a new cover will be in the post on monday. I am expecting it tomorrow, will let you know if it arrives

Old 07-07-2003, 09:50 AM

sidneylopsides is on a distinguished road
Did orange say why they wouldnt cover it? I know they wont if you have upgraded to r2 at the moment, and if you have had it unlocked.
Alcatel Easy DB, Sony J70, Ericsson T68i, Pogo, SE P800, Motorola V70, and now SE T610!

Old 07-07-2003, 11:42 AM

Im on to my 6th p800 thru orange care, 2 replacements they sent out had dusty screens and one didnt turn on.

Last on i got was R2F aswell.

Old 07-07-2003, 01:35 PM

kingrob is on a distinguished road

I don't have that problems with Vodafone.

Old 07-07-2003, 03:36 PM

AnlaShok is on a distinguished road
Vodafone have a decent replacement policy? When I had my 7650 insured with them it cost 6 a month with a 100 charge if they replaced the phone! There were also so many, many things that could invalidate the insurance that I decided to cancel it.
Now I've got my P800 I really should get some sort of insurance but the Vodafone looked like more trouble than it was worth. :(

Old 07-07-2003, 03:44 PM

i'm pretty sure that they are all the same now.
orange werent that bad last year, or the year before. i am sure every phone i have had has failed at least once, needing replacement.

what i feel i have proved, is that by hasseling them, nagging as much as possible seems to speed things up. this is wrong, and a waste of everyones time.

i hope orange are not slipping too much,i have recommened them to at least 40 clients to move over to. should teach me to keep my mouth shut.

anyway, new phone arrived, seems to be a newer software version.

Old 07-07-2003, 05:31 PM

woozle is on a distinguished road
Unbelievable

I was pretty sceptical about the comments about Orange, but I can certainly now see what the fuss was about - they seem to have gone completely down the pan with their customer service now.

My phone died once before, but luckily it then happened to conclude that the memory was corrupt and it would need to reformat it, which then put everything back to a fresh start.

However, this time, it really does only ever get to the startup/splash screen, and no matter what I do, I just can't get it past there. No reset sequence, anything.

So I rang Orange, and was surprised to actually get through straight away for a change.

But then came the shock: no, we've never come across THAT problem before. I try to persuade her that it's completely unusable, a dead phone, and that anyway plenty of people HAVE reported this problem before, but she wouldn't have it, and insisted that they were under no obligation to replace the phone. Sure enough, I'll just have to wait, possibly several days, before she gets a reply back from technical support so she can phone me back and work out whether the phone is actually dead or not. When I kept insisting that it was a dead phone, she just complained that we were going round in circles. My thoughts exactly!

Maybe I was just unlikely to get the rudest customer services person ever, but I might have been able to accept the fact that I'm left without a working phone for so long if she'd actually made an effort to be understanding rather than treat me like shit.

I did actually get as far as requesting the stuff to change networks before because I was so dissatisfied - and only really stayed because the P800 was out - but I'm definitely going to be thinking hard about leaving once this period is up.

Grrrr

Is there ANY sensible way to complain to Orange? Even about bad Customer Services?

Old 07-07-2003, 05:57 PM

exactly the same experience (customer support and dead phone).

i told them to cancle my account aswell, also to read my postings here. sounds like your phone has done the same thing. gave them deadline on monday AM. got phone sunday PM.

what a shame, of all the providers, orange seemed to have it all, but surely customer service is the most valued asset.