All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > UIQ > Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910

Old 30-06-2004, 12:51 PM

drazvan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiletcy
i tried to purchase the application and the credits but it is asking for a carier...
what is that???
That's what Handango does for Java applications. And they consider the credits a Java application (although there is nothing to download for the credits, they're a "virtual" product or a service). So go ahead and pick any carrier you want... for the credits it doesn't really matter and for the application, even if your carrier is not listed, our support team will send you your copy of the software.

Cheers,
Razvan

--
Razvan Dragomirescu
Chief Technology Officer
SIMEDA GmbH
www.simeda.com

Last edited by drazvan; 30-06-2004 at 12:58 PM.

Old 30-06-2004, 07:04 PM

toiletcy is on a distinguished road
thanks...

i bought it, i think i installed it but it doesn't seem to work. i tried to send a message to my mobile to test it but i never recieved it...

also when i try to see how many credits i have left i get a funny message (java.io.IOException :.......)Status after quite a long time...

any help or advice???

Old 01-07-2004, 12:37 AM

916 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiletcy
thanks...

i bought it, i think i installed it but it doesn't seem to work. i tried to send a message to my mobile to test it but i never recieved it...

also when i try to see how many credits i have left i get a funny message (java.io.IOException :.......)Status after quite a long time...

any help or advice???
When you bought the program you should of been sent a copy of your purchase order to your email account.

forward your receipt to support@simeda.com along with your username and password

your username is your mobile number in international format minus the +

choose a 4 digit password

After you have sent all this to support@simeda.com they will email you back in a day or 2 to let you know that your account has been activated with your 10 free credits

Old 02-07-2004, 07:48 PM

toiletcy is on a distinguished road
i did that and got a reply with my username and password... i applied them but i still recieve the same message....

any advice???

Old 16-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Leonid

SMSXtender and Java.IO.IOexception

I have a Nokia 6100 and I have install SMSXtender 2.6.2.
Always when I try to send longer messages the program crashes with the error message "Java.io.ioexception". Especially annoying is that what you have written is lost too. :( The longest successful sent message so far has been 115 signs. Shorter messages seem to work well, though. (But not as much fun )

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

When these bugs have been fixed it will be an excellent program!
Ads

Old 16-08-2004, 01:10 PM

Leonid, please go into the Settings menu and switch the HTTP Method to POST. That should take care of the problem.

Razvan

--
Razvan Dragomirescu
Chief Technology Officer
SIMEDA GmbH
www.simeda.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonid
I have a Nokia 6100 and I have install SMSXtender 2.6.2.
Always when I try to send longer messages the program crashes with the error message "Java.io.ioexception". Especially annoying is that what you have written is lost too. :( The longest successful sent message so far has been 115 signs. Shorter messages seem to work well, though. (But not as much fun )

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

When these bugs have been fixed it will be an excellent program!

Old 16-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Leonid

Nokia 6100 HTTP POST

I tried to do that yesterday and everthing worked perfectly apart from tact that the message never got delivered. Well, now I retried it, it worked and got delivered. Sweet! Thanks!

(By the way, on Sunday I bought new credits because I had spent almost all of my initial credits troubleshooting. I have not yet been credited them despite sending several emails. Could you please look into it?)

Leonid

Quote:
Originally Posted by drazvan
Leonid, please go into the Settings menu and switch the HTTP Method to POST. That should take care of the problem.

Old 17-08-2004, 12:39 PM

Leonid, could you please drop an email to support@simeda.com, I've asked them to take care of this. I don't know your email, so I can't check this myself.

Thanks,
Razvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonid
I tried to do that yesterday and everthing worked perfectly apart from tact that the message never got delivered. Well, now I retried it, it worked and got delivered. Sweet! Thanks!

(By the way, on Sunday I bought new credits because I had spent almost all of my initial credits troubleshooting. I have not yet been credited them despite sending several emails. Could you please look into it?)

Leonid

Old 17-08-2004, 09:48 PM

asolano2 is on a distinguished road
When can I expect to see my country (Costa Rica) on that list ?

Old 18-08-2004, 09:05 AM

hoaxer is on a distinguished road
Angry It didn't work !!!

My copy never worked on 7610 !
I tried POST / GET but nothing.
It connects to GPRS, I get the message "Connecting ..." for few sec then nothing happens.

Old 18-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Leonid

"New line" command

Just after I posted my last message Ioana updated my account. So there is no problem any more.

I also found out why the messages sent with HTTP POST didn't work. All my test messages were full length (160). They also contained the "new line" command which is interpreted by your server as "%a", two signs. Therefore the messages were longer than 160 signs and thus not delivered. When I tested this, my hypothesis was confirmed.

Is it possible to fix this problem? I believed it should be something relatively quick and easy to fix.

Talking about signs, the €-sign is not supported, apart from that all other relevant signs are supported or interpreted into something understandable. (like ï into i). Good job!

Leonid

Quote:
Originally Posted by drazvan
Leonid, could you please drop an email to support@simeda.com, I've asked them to take care of this. I don't know your email, so I can't check this myself.

Old 19-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Leonid

T630

I am sure your program/service will become a mega hit! A friend wondered if the special SE version will work on his T630?

Leonid

Old 23-08-2004, 12:42 PM
ihaveaquestion

do u still have to pay the original price of an sms? like on vodafone germany an sms costs 20 cents do i still have to pay that?

Old 23-08-2004, 01:37 PM

Bassey is on a distinguished road
You are not sending an SMS via the vodafone SMS server, you are sending a packet of data via the GPRS network, so no. You won't have to pay for an SMS, but you will have to pay for the (presumably tiny) amount of data sent over the GPRS system.

You look like you want to go away, But I know you’re gonna stay. For although your heart is in L.A, Your head is in my fridge. There’s flowers in your hair, they're not real their made of silk. There’s a note in your mouth, to remind me to get milk.

Wot Italian? from Boothby Graffoe

Old 26-08-2004, 01:33 PM
ihaveaquestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassey
You are not sending an SMS via the vodafone SMS server, you are sending a packet of data via the GPRS network, so no. You won't have to pay for an SMS, but you will have to pay for the (presumably tiny) amount of data sent over the GPRS system.
how much do you estimate that will be?