All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 23-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Nokia's Ovi Suite gets an update to v2.2

Nokia has quietly updated its Ovi Suite desktop connectivity suite, from v2.1 to v2.2(.0.241), adding simplified navigation, support for newer devices and a new 'full-screen' photo and video viewer. You'll be prompted when you next start Ovi Suite - or you can 'Check for updates' manually. It's a 69MB download.

Read on in the full article.

Old 23-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

Office 2010 Support

The current (old) version doesn't support office 2010 - I can't sync calendar / contacts etc. Does the new version support it?

I have office 2007 on my home PC and have the upgrade to 2010 waiting - but I don't want to upgrade if I can't sync to my phone.

Old 23-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Ian McDonald

Smile What's in update...

Yes Office 2010 is listed as one of the new features. Also being able to download maps to Ovi Maps.

I have downloaded but not tested either new feature.

They also list faster start up and I can confirm that it is much, much quicker to startup.

Old 23-06-2010, 12:49 PM

Hardeep1singh is on a distinguished road
Office 2010 sync works fine now.

Old 23-06-2010, 12:53 PM

Hih is on a distinguished road
Awesome! What a bloated monster!

Old 23-06-2010, 01:34 PM

viipottaja is on a distinguished road
You must have a very small hard drive on your computer. Of course its not all about size, but if you can't even reach 69MB.. I feel sorry for you.

Old 23-06-2010, 04:43 PM

germcevoy is on a distinguished road
Have to avoid this one myself. No confidence in ovi at all. It has failed twice on me during the updating of device firmware. Bricked a 5800 and I managed to recover the 5230. No confidence at all.

Old 23-06-2010, 05:48 PM
AT33

stay away from ovi

stay away from Ovi Suite, it crashes and the home screen is retarded. I just downloaded it and my fairly new laptop isn't able to run it, it always crashes. Ever since I have installed Ovi Suite I've only had problems with syncing, Nokia PC suite was much more stable.

Nokia is dropping the ball left and right, as a Nokia user I am very disappointed and don't feel I will buy an other Nokia phone for a while. Nokia is great at building phones but the software part is just so outdated or incapable to functioning correctly, it's like they have no good people over there who know software very well. They should just jump on to the Android bandwagon although they aren't that good either but if Nokia can work with them I'm sure it would improve Android by a lot, but this stuff Nokia brings out is just so low quality software that it really hurts me seeing them lose this thing out.
Ads

Old 23-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

installed ovi suite last week just before I did a clean reinstalled of my OS (as I wanted to update my maps data cause its old) BIG MISTAKE crash crash freeze, froze my computer finally managed to get it to refresh my device and clicked the delete map data, froze slowed down, it took soo long I just decided to quit which it then wouldnt do so had to yank out the usb to make it stop,

it completely destroyed my computer I am just glad that 10 mins later I was in the middle of a clean install, in future I will only use ovi suite only on my very old pc where I dont mind if it screws the pc up, or just before I do a vlean install

Old 23-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

also agree with AT33 nokia suite was A LOT LOT LOT better, but saying that it still was slow and luggish, but ovi suite doesnt even match nokia suite

Old 23-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Angry And Mac users ???

What about of OVI Suite for Mac ???

I've still waiting for long time along.

TK.

Old 23-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Dardo

problem

How can Nokia not match the quality and reliability of the Nokia PC suite with this new suite? Why didn't they just continue on building upon what they had and improve Ovi Suite. To me it seems like they started from the beginning and they're doing the same mistakes they did with Nokia PC suite had at first.. i remember Nokia PC suite used to be a pain to use but over time it started getting really stable, now Ovi suite just sucks and I would not recommend it to anyone until they reach about version 5.0.

Download Nokia PC suite while you still can, its just better at this point. Leave the headaches to the nerds like allaboutsymbian to deal with and go through until it reaches some kind of worthy download.

Old 24-06-2010, 10:52 AM

Hih is on a distinguished road
@viipottaja

Few hundred megabytes when installed. Do not feel sorry about me.
Nokia PC Suite is suitable for me. Nokia Ovi Suite is major fail indeed.

Old 24-06-2010, 11:26 AM
SexyNurse69

Unhappy Hmm, and calendar?

Hmm, the integrated calendar is still missing. I hate working with the internet version. My N6120c haven't a Wi-Fi connection and every synch is soo expensive....I hope the integrated calendar will be in the next version.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Unregistered

Angry Can"t even download!

What?? I tried to download it twice and each time it says it isn't authorized and I have to log in as an administrator. HUH? I am the administrator of my computer. I have NEVER seen anything like that before.

Any ideas what to do?