All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-01-2009, 12:13 AM

riverboat is on a distinguished road
BBC Iplayer over 3g...help needed

(previously posted in wrong forum by mistake)

Hi All

Don't know if some of the intelligent posters in thisforum can help out.

I had Iplayer Beta V1 working fine over 3g using info from this post
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...t=76404&page=4

(I have a GREAT 3g connection where i want to use Iplayer and good data package with 3UK)

And all was working perfect. I updated to the Iplayer Beta 1.5 and all was still working great for weeks.

Yesterday i went to view a program and the area where the programs should be was blank.
There are headings for tv radio,,,,etc, and you can click on them but nothing happens.

So i went back to Beta V1 and although all the content is listed corectly . I will only play over wifi.
so i then edited the app-min.js file as before, bluetoothed it to the phone, installed fine, but still the same blank area.

So if i download the Iplayer beta version 1.5 to the pc, is there anyway to edit it? to work with my Nokia N95 (latest firmware) and to run over 3g?

SO although Beta 1.0 worked fine, and then 1.5 worked fine, for ages....something has changed and although going back to V1 gets the programs listed, it won't play in 3g rendering the whole app as pointless.

CAN ANY BODY HELP?
Ads

Old 05-01-2009, 04:09 PM

riverboat is on a distinguished road
Okay...I "seem" to have got it working and streaming over 3g now which is a relief.

The key to it all, is getting hold of the iplayer Beta V1.

Then changing a line of text, then setting Real Player to connect to wifi, even if your not going to use wifi.

I'm no expert but i reckon that the Iplayer program looks to see if your connecting via wifi, if you are then it wil play (once the line of text has been changed)

PS.....i am claiming no credit for this, all work and help gathered from these forums, and then put into practiice by me to get it working.