All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 15-04-2010, 07:07 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
@dannieboy: Yes, this new Sports Tracker works fine on the i8910 HD. At least on mine 8-)

When STT gets their web site updated, I'm sure it'll be an official download for all S60 5th Edition phones.

Old 15-04-2010, 08:11 AM

malerocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slitchfield View Post
@dannieboy: Yes, this new Sports Tracker works fine on the i8910 HD. At least on mine 8-)
Steve, when you say yours, i assume you mean the one with the modified custom firmware, right?

Old 15-04-2010, 08:47 AM

teknolog is on a distinguished road
Great news! I've been a heavy Sports Tracker user over the years. Very cool to see they use OSM for their maps.

Anyone got a contact with these guys, I'd like to ask if they could contribute their OSM engine to Symbian.

And is there some way to buy the bluetooth pulse monitor? I believe it was only sold with N79 sports edition, or something like that, but I'd like it with my 5800.

Old 15-04-2010, 09:43 AM

megapack162 is on a distinguished road
The new Sportstracker release is excellent news, I've been using it to record my running and cycling since September 2007 and it's rarely let me down (apart from getting submerged in black, muddy ditch water - and I wear it in an Aquapac waterproof armband now).

According to Jussi, the version for S60 v3 FP2 will be uploaded onto the OVI store early next week and should be available by the end of the week.

Old 15-04-2010, 10:55 AM

Biggles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoReason View Post
How is it madness? Why do you expect Nokia to allow their applications to work on Samsung or Sony Ericsson phones?

Seriously, what you said was silly.
Sports Tracking Technologies has been spun off into a separate company. Since they aren't Nokia, it's not that far fetched that they try to maximise their market by supporting all Symbian^1 handsets.

Old 15-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Considering that the option for pairing a bluetooth heart rate monitor is now present in the settings menu, I would assume that there is a plan to enable the use of HRMs besides the polar for nokia one.
Also these guys http://www.mobimotion.com/index.php?id=brustgurt&L=1 provide a SDK that supports symbian, so hopefully there'll be something available in the near future.

Old 15-04-2010, 03:25 PM
froschy

GPS Problems with Sports Tracker & Map Booster

Just a quick note to let everyone know that there is a problem with the GPS positioning in Sports Tracker when using Map Booster on the N97. Sports Tracker incorrectly reports that the GPS reception is good but will only report the location as 0 degrees East, 0 degrees North. Bizarrely the map data has this location labelled as the South Pole. Anyway this can be resolved through a workaround of turning off the Map Booster positioning method.

Hopefully this will be resolved in a future update (and like other posters have stated hopefully the Polar Bluetooth HRM will be released for general sale).

Old 15-04-2010, 06:42 PM

jmvdinis is on a distinguished road
Why are you people happy with the map change? This maps are really bad!

Old 15-04-2010, 08:22 PM
e71user

ruses fuel

what about fp1?

Old 15-04-2010, 10:41 PM

RollerSMB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvdinis View Post
Why are you people happy with the map change? This maps are really bad!
This is a fantastic move, as the trails people leave when running can then be fed into OpenStreetMap, to enhance the maps further. OpenStreetMap is, as the name implies, the wiki of GPS data, a totally open street map, driven entirely by the community, not a 'we'll let you use it for free, but you have to abide by these conditions, and we could change our mind at any point if you decide to compete with us' google or nokia 'free' product. Open street map is licensed such that the maps will always be available for free. No ads, no crap, no 'benevolant' search or phone giant propped up behind them, just maps, which are getting better all the time. fwiw, the maps have gotten a LOT better lately, and with all the extra data they'll be collecting, expect even further advances. and if it doesn't have your street name right.. Just login and fix it!

http://www.openstreetmap.org/

Old 15-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

I want it....for my N900

When I had my E71 and then N97 this was my most used and by far favorite app. Now I am using a N900 and wish they had one for that device. eCoach is a terrible app in comparison.

Old 16-04-2010, 01:36 AM

Dead1nside is on a distinguished road
I'd certainly like to see advice on Bluetooth heart rate monitors, and wider support. Also an FP1 version would give them a confirmed sale from me. As I've said above, would love to see a Maemo version eventually. SportsTracker is excellent.

Old 16-04-2010, 05:49 AM
Unregistered

At first I was excited, and then I reliased that it was for S60 5th. And now I am sad.
Ads

Old 16-04-2010, 10:27 AM

megapack162 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
At first I was excited, and then I reliased that it was for S60 5th. And now I am sad.
Hi, As per my earlier post, I got a reply from Jussi at STT yesterday morning and he said that a version for non touch (S60 v3 FP2) handsets would be available on the OVI store later next week, maybe FP1 won't be too far behind?

Old 16-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Jimmy1

I also have an i8910 and may try it out.

I've recently started weight training again after a multi-year layoff; is Sports Tracker good for that, i.e. tracking sets/reps/weight? It looks largely focused on running.