All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-12-2008, 09:43 AM

jamdog30 is on a distinguished road
Camera Lag And Video Record Problems

This is my second post regarding this matter but does anyone know when the software fix for the camera lag and video record audio lag is going to be rectified by samsung. I find this issue extremely frustrating as all I want is the phone to work. I need to know soon so that if it is unlikely to be rectified then i will get a n96 instead as I am within my 14 day period to exchange.

I do have te latest firmware from the update but this has only bettered the battery and not the camera issues.

Old 18-12-2008, 05:17 PM

ouq77 is on a distinguished road
Have never used or even seen an Innov8, but in my opinion, Samsung should stick to making microwaves & washing machines... Get the N96!

Old 19-12-2008, 08:22 AM

Usil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouq77 View Post
Have never used or even seen an Innov8, but in my opinion, Samsung should stick to making microwaves & washing machines... Get the N96!
What a strange comment from someone who has never even used the i8510, you are obviously highly qualified to make such a recommendation.
Ads

Old 19-12-2008, 10:04 AM

Jules_N93 is on a distinguished road
The sound lag has not been fixed in the new firmware??? Fuuuuck that's very bad news =(

I used to make a lot of movies with my N95 of my daughter (2 1/2 years old now). Haven't done that since I got the i8510, because the sync-problem makes those unaccetable. I was expecting to be able to do that again soon. The i8510 IS a camera-focussed smartphone. But as it stands, it gets a 4/10 on video-recording in the review here @ allaboutsymbian.com.

If they don't fix it at all I really have to get rid of it. I'll miss the touchpad.

Old 19-12-2008, 06:05 PM

jamdog30 is on a distinguished road
Hey Jules

the firmware hasnt touched the camera as i think the firmware was battery focused, hopefully they wil move onto the camera next (i hope). i am the same with my n95 and especially after the last firmware the phone is an absolute powerhouse. but after 20 m0nths of using my n95 and the thing looking a little onthe tatty side it is an absolute pleasure just to use my innov8. The camera lag is an absolute joke on such a camera focused phone, but even taking an image is laggy for example just looking at the viewfinder/phone screen proves this as there is a delay of half a second but totally noticeable. I have read somewhere that samsung are blaming this on the symbian os and camera, which in my opinion is not a sufficient answer because the symbian os is pretty simple and has been around for ages. The camera itself is obviously a potent piece of kit so why is there such a mishmash of a marriage going on here??

The only phone i think is worth buying is he 8gb n95 as the firmware is awesome and the flash and screen make such a difference.

N96 is a cluster mess at the moment due to the dual cpu and firmware continually crashing, even going into cpw to try the n96 is a chore as the firmwares are all old. The nokia shop in manchester was the same and there demo unit crashed whilst starting up ahhhhhhhh.

The whole phone thing in general is a mess, as the technology is too superior to the programming skills that are available.

Please samsung fix the phone for what is its main selling point, and get noka to letus have that podcast software.