All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-02-2011, 06:41 AM

Stuntman is on a distinguished road
Album Covers on N97

I have 2 phones: Nokia N97 and HTC Desire Z. With both of these phones, I transfer the music from my PC to them by connecting them via USB as USB storage devices, I then copy the music files and directories onto both phones. On my Desire Z, the album covers appear on my music player. On my N97, they do not. I'm sure that the album cover info is copied over to both phones as I noticed files in addition to the MP3 files are copied over.

How do I get album covers of the songs to appear on my N97 music player?

Old 28-02-2011, 01:19 PM

zxon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
I have 2 phones: Nokia N97 and HTC Desire Z. With both of these phones, I transfer the music from my PC to them by connecting them via USB as USB storage devices, I then copy the music files and directories onto both phones. On my Desire Z, the album covers appear on my music player. On my N97, they do not. I'm sure that the album cover info is copied over to both phones as I noticed files in addition to the MP3 files are copied over.

How do I get album covers of the songs to appear on my N97 music player?
I find the best solution is to embed the album cover in the MP3 file itself. That way you can move the file anywhere you want and not have to worry about moving the image as well. Just use an ID3 tag editing program to do that, like MediaMonkey.

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open
Ads

Old 28-02-2011, 06:12 PM

I found that Windows Media Player seems to associate the songs with album data. I update the songs with the song info. It appears that the album covers are associated with the songs properly on both my Windows PC and on my Desire Z. The album cover files appear to be on a separate hidden file which seems to copy over properly from what I can tell.

I'll check out this MediaMonkey program. In the mean time, any other suggestions are welcome.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:36 AM

gjd is on a distinguished road
Hello

I have a N97 Mini, which I use with a16gb micro sd card.

I tried Ovi to transfer music, but it took an age to launch. This could be a fault with Vista, rather than Ovi. Once it was running it worked well at ripping and then transferring the cds.

I use Windows Media Player now, and apart from an irritating habit of hanging when a cd has finished a rip, it works well. I can choose which of the three drives I want to sync the music on to, and album art rarely fails.
(Tried Ovi - doesn't work!)
Bluetooth Hands free via the iO Play

Old 07-03-2011, 06:43 AM

I tried using Windows Media player to sync the songs to my N97, but still it does not include album labels.