All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-08-2004, 08:47 AM

Kamalayan is on a distinguished road
MMC Write Protection

When I use my Office PC to transfer MP3s using a Card reader I always often get a WRITE PROTECT error. So I cant delete and modify the contents of the MMC. Ive tried unclicking the attributes to tick the read-only check box but it doesnt succeed. I tried seleq to see if its write protected and it wasnt so I did a restart and disconnected the network drives cause I thought they were conflicting with my removable drives of the Card reader, but still it doesnt work. I backed up my MMC in the hopes of doing a format but when i clicked format, theres a different size of MMC there it says, 4.00GB not 128(5)MB. I tried to format anyway, same thing WRITE Protected error. God! Its very annoying to have a fu@*ing problem like this!

After a while it worked and I was able to perform this very simple task. :?

Thing is, I hate it when it happens, it consumes time and effort and drains ones patience. Does anyone have a solution for this?

The Phone:
A 3660 with a 128MB PQI
The Office PC:
HP5500 C drive and 2 cdroms D, E.
Card Reader takes:
F, G, H, I, drives
Network drives takes:
S, T, P, B drives

Help Please!!!

Old 19-11-2004, 06:55 AM

agnostos7 is on a distinguished road
The Same Problem

hello from athens,
i bought a 16in1 digitus card reader and i have the same problem. have you understand what is going on? have you find a solution? i think that something does the phone to mmc. Please tell me if you found something
thanks a lot

Old 19-11-2004, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostos7
hello from athens,
i bought a 16in1 digitus card reader and i have the same problem. have you understand what is going on? have you find a solution? i think that something does the phone to mmc. Please tell me if you found something
thanks a lot
I have no explanation for this, but i just try some ways to get around it like pull and plug (MMC and Reader) or restart then plug or plug then restart. Stuffs like that, it still pisses me off. I threw the MMC a couple of times hard on the floor because of this and rammed my palm on the reader, its really a piss off. But try doing those stuffs i mentioned and if ur lucky then good for u.

Ads

Old 07-01-2005, 07:54 AM

I just want to give this thread a nudge expecting some answers from people who were able to get over this thing. Any ideas people?

Old 07-03-2005, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamalayan
I just want to give this thread a nudge expecting some answers from people who were able to get over this thing. Any ideas people?
Ya I know this thread is a bit old, but for the sake of discussion, i found out that my card reader, with its just about more than 6month age is defective. when i tried using some other MMC reader it worked fine without any problems... The thing is, the reader I bought is not that cheap... i wonder why... it just cant write anymore...

Old 01-04-2005, 03:54 PM

grogsyboy is on a distinguished road
Angry broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamalayan
Ya I know this thread is a bit old, but for the sake of discussion, i found out that my card reader, with its just about more than 6month age is defective. when i tried using some other MMC reader it worked fine without any problems... The thing is, the reader I bought is not that cheap... i wonder why... it just cant write anymore...
yea i tried writing to f@*king nokia but they said it was a problem with the reader. I then wrote to the reader manufacturer n they said it was a problem with the card!!!!!!!!!!!