All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-07-2004, 09:54 AM
Unregistered12

Thumbs down bluetooth connection to PC

Recently I bought the bluetooth adaptor for my pc. Then When i opened the package i saw a message showing : "Do not insert the adaptor unless you setup the software first." So I Did, i installed the software and the machine worked.I got the phonebook,the sms messages etc. But what about Nokia PC Suite? I downloaded the symbian applications in my pc, but i don't know the way to install them in my 6600. When I push the BLUETOOTH Icon in the Nokia Connection Manager it says : "Media Type is not supported. Check your system for media settings". Then I tried to connect my phone by clicking the first button in connection or in mRouter, by choosing -the correct- COM6(where the phone is connected by bluetooth) port. I am disappointed, so Could Anyone help me?

NeeD SomE HeLp
FlyingBuLLsHiT_vAiOs GReeCe

Old 29-07-2004, 06:28 PM

elton is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered12
Recently I bought the bluetooth adaptor for my pc. Then When i opened the package i saw a message showing : "Do not insert the adaptor unless you setup the software first." So I Did, i installed the software and the machine worked.I got the phonebook,the sms messages etc. But what about Nokia PC Suite? I downloaded the symbian applications in my pc, but i don't know the way to install them in my 6600. When I push the BLUETOOTH Icon in the Nokia Connection Manager it says : "Media Type is not supported. Check your system for media settings". Then I tried to connect my phone by clicking the first button in connection or in mRouter, by choosing -the correct- COM6(where the phone is connected by bluetooth) port. I am disappointed, so Could Anyone help me?

NeeD SomE HeLp
Search the forum for pc suite issues (There are loads)

In the meantime, you can still send files via bt without pc suite,just right click the file on your pc and 'send to' / 'bluetooth' / 'nokia 6600'

Old 29-07-2004, 07:06 PM

JoshGrey is on a distinguished road
Quote:

NeeD SomE HeLp
You should have received a CD-ROM with yur 6600 from Nokia. The CD-ROM contains the PC Suite that should let you try to connect your 6600 to the PC.

Before you go any further I'd advise you to search and read all the related Bluetooth and 6600 connection threads. Sometimes using Bluetooth and the 6600 can be very difficult.

You can also try the Nokia web site to download the latest version of the PC Suite for the 6600. Please note you have to use the specific PC Suite for your phone type.

Socrates

Old 30-07-2004, 08:36 AM
Unregistered12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGrey
You should have received a CD-ROM with yur 6600 from Nokia. The CD-ROM contains the PC Suite that should let you try to connect your 6600 to the PC.

Before you go any further I'd advise you to search and read all the related Bluetooth and 6600 connection threads. Sometimes using Bluetooth and the 6600 can be very difficult.

You can also try the Nokia web site to download the latest version of the PC Suite for the 6600. Please note you have to use the specific PC Suite for your phone type.
Yes,of course and I installed the PC Suite bundled with my mobile phone, but I can't connect the phone via bluetooth...
Ads

Old 30-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Unregistered12

Quote:
Originally Posted by elton
Search the forum for pc suite issues (There are loads)

In the meantime, you can still send files via bt without pc suite,just right click the file on your pc and 'send to' / 'bluetooth' / 'nokia 6600'

I thought this way, but none bluetooth or 6600 is in the Send To Section..
So I really need some help...

Old 30-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Unregistered_wo

Quote:
I thought this way, but none bluetooth or 6600 is in the Send To Section..
So I really need some help...
The software that came with your pc bluetooth-device (usb, pcmcia-card, whatever) should've installed that.

You should get at first your bluetooth software to work. If you think it is installed correctly then you have to connect the phone to your pc (check the bluetooth-adapter manual for that). In that procedure you will have to enter a one-time password in your phone.

For the nokia-software the trick is to assign two com-ports for bluetooth (i.e. com8 & com9). Then connect the serial bluetooth device with the bluetooth software.
It then should say that the nokia has interrupted the connection. But some seconds later the nokia will connect to the pc. And then the nokia software should work.

You should then also be able to simply install .sis-files by simply double-klicking (in the explorer) them.

Old 30-07-2004, 09:36 AM
Unregistered12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered_wo
The software that came with your pc bluetooth-device (usb, pcmcia-card, whatever) should've installed that.

You should get at first your bluetooth software to work. If you think it is installed correctly then you have to connect the phone to your pc (check the bluetooth-adapter manual for that). In that procedure you will have to enter a one-time password in your phone.

For the nokia-software the trick is to assign two com-ports for bluetooth (i.e. com8 & com9). Then connect the serial bluetooth device with the bluetooth software.
It then should say that the nokia has interrupted the connection. But some seconds later the nokia will connect to the pc. And then the nokia software should work.

You should then also be able to simply install .sis-files by simply double-klicking (in the explorer) them.

I just tried what you said...I'am sure that the BT Device software works fine with the mobilephone but i can't install files from the device's program,The BT Device Software in configuration gives the name of the device,the password, the bluetooth adress, the COM Port for the Device(COM6), the com port for the PDA(COM4).I enabled these com ports in mRouter (COM4and6) all the other ports:com7,com6 can't be anabled because "they are used by another program".WHen I enabled the com6 port the connection established(I understood it by seeing the 6600 display but nothing showed in mRouter.Then I opened one application in my phone which has been downloaded from the bt software,for synchronization,it says "Waiting for connection" Then I started the PC application for synchrinization and it said that the com6 port in unable...... Nothing showed mRouter

Old 30-07-2004, 07:44 PM

elton is on a distinguished road
If there is no bluetooth option in the 'send to' menu on pc then its definatley a bluetooth software problem, forget pc suite for now and sort this one out first.

Old 30-07-2004, 08:36 PM
Unregistered_wo

The Bluetooth Software that came with my adapter is by WIDCOMM (see Bluetooth-Environment ? -> About ...). I don't know if your adapter came with the same software.

When i open the Bluetooth Environment and then the phone i get shown the available Services: BT Serial Port, Fax, OBEX Object Push, Dial-up Networking & OBEX File Transfer

Software can AFAIK also be installed via the OBEX File Transfer. Open that icon and drag some sis-file(s) in the Folder. It should appear as new message on your phone. If the other BT functions worked that should also do.

I don't know why i have multiple BT com-ports i don't remember. Perhaps i've done some configuration/installation step more than once. Using the NOKIA Software wasn't straighforward on my phone also.

Old 01-08-2004, 05:15 PM
ranjitbhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered_wo
The Bluetooth Software that came with my adapter is by WIDCOMM (see Bluetooth-Environment ? -> About ...). I don't know if your adapter came with the same software.

When i open the Bluetooth Environment and then the phone i get shown the available Services: BT Serial Port, Fax, OBEX Object Push, Dial-up Networking & OBEX File Transfer

Software can AFAIK also be installed via the OBEX File Transfer. Open that icon and drag some sis-file(s) in the Folder. It should appear as new message on your phone. If the other BT functions worked that should also do.

I don't know why i have multiple BT com-ports i don't remember. Perhaps i've done some configuration/installation step more than once. Using the NOKIA Software wasn't straighforward on my phone also.
I also had a similar problem, I was using Windows XP, then I read somewhere that Windows XP SP2 has bluetooth support (yeah I know its still beta) so I removed the bluetooth software first and downloaded the SP2 and installed same and just when I inserted the bluetooth, it configured everything automatically and now my Nokia connects without any problem (do note I still did not install the bluetooth software that came with the bluetooth) well for once I guess microsoft has made something right!

Old 02-08-2004, 08:41 AM
Unregistered12

well.The software came with my adapter I Think, works fine.I have to say my adaptors Specifications.It's the MobileAction (MobileAction.com) adaptor, i use the adaptor's drivers without any problems in the installing procedure, the software I use named Handset Manager,not the version 8.0 but the versions have few defferences.
I have synchronized my pc adaptor with my mobile phone by entering the one time password.
I am fully dissappointed so I need some help here, may I try another driver? What shoud I do??