All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-04-2003, 08:10 PM

question on reformatting

Has anyone ever tried the *#7370# reformatting method of nokia? i heard it will completely clean the phone mem and that it will look good as new

I have a question though, nokia included the video recorder application with the phone...will that be erased too?? i want to keep the nokia recorder...

next question..after i backup all my images,wavs,midis, etc and finally reformatted the MMC (via phone) and phone itself ( via *#7370#), is the phone really good as new? i heard some people even use a file manager to delete some other things left after reformat.

Forgive me for asking stupid questions, but im a newbie to the 3650 and reformatting is not a simple matter...i just need clarification before i reformat my phone...thanx and hoping for answers

Old 28-04-2003, 08:42 AM

daredevil is on a distinguished road
Yes I tried it before... All the data that you installed earlier will be lost... Regards to the Camera software... it depends on what firmware version you having if you have newer version it comes with sound... if older firmware.. it is without sound !!! It is recommended that you backups your contact using 3650 PC Suite before you do the formating...

Old 01-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Guest01

Exclamation

i have my own n-gage which is the 1st one (original). id like to reformat it in deep reset or full erase but im afraid to do it. id like to restore all the applications and setting. 1.)is there any negative effect of reformatting the n-gage by inputting this ---> *#7370# 2.) does it erase the latest firmware and some features like Stereo FM Radio? 3.)is the process risky and 4.) is there a posibility that it might able to malfuction? what is the proper way or steps in reformating it? pls help me! pls...
Ads