All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-11-2009, 11:19 AM

munkiii is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottmbantam View Post
Zyb,

I disagree. I think if I spend over 500gbp on a phone that cannot handle phone calls, then I have every right to bash it, and will do so at every opportunity. You know if you blew a few grand on car that didn't drive, wouldn't you criticise it when there is seemingly no fix??It's such a frustrating experience, you just have no idea.

No support from Nokia, no support from their Customer Care section, no support from the retailer.

Am I just supposed to accept this quietly? Oh well, its only 500quid, it doesn't matter? Oh well, everyone has got v20, so that makes it ok?

Now I'm getting told to stop bashing the phone on this forum?

Well, glad you're happy with yours, we are not all as lucky as you. Looks like I will have to find another forum to vent my spleen.

Thank you.
Why not try sending it off for repair? There must be somewhere you can send it to, just as there is in the UK.

Last edited by munkiii; 04-11-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Ads

Old 04-11-2009, 11:59 AM

Zyyb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Zyb,

I disagree. I think if I spend over 500gbp on a phone that cannot handle phone calls, then I have every right to bash it, and will do so at every opportunity. You know if you blew a few grand on car that didn't drive, wouldn't you criticise it when there is seemingly no fix??It's such a frustrating experience, you just have no idea.

No support from Nokia, no support from their Customer Care section, no support from the retailer.

Am I just supposed to accept this quietly? Oh well, its only 500quid, it doesn't matter? Oh well, everyone has got v20, so that makes it ok?

Now I'm getting told to stop bashing the phone on this forum?

Well, glad you're happy with yours, we are not all as lucky as you. Looks like I will have to find another forum to vent my spleen.

Thank you.
I'm not saying you should accept it quietly or that you don't deserve a working product, i'm saying that bashing the phone in every thread is getting a bit tiresome especially when your circumstances do not reflect most other people, a lot have had problems, but not nearly as many as you and not for making calls.

If i bought a car for 1000 and it did not drive, i would return it. I totally understand your frustration and if there was some way to help i would, but your phone seems to be a lost cause, you should return it, repair it or break it and claim through insurance, anything to get rid of it!

Old 05-11-2009, 05:55 PM

boogieindubai is on a distinguished road
The reason why I never bought an iphone is because of its inferior imaging qualities. I also dont like Apple as a company that much.

But honestly the N97 is definitely not that great of a phone. I had it for a week and got rid off it and have now been using the Samsung Omnia HD for almost two months. Great phone, AMAZING screen, nice speakers, plays back all my avi files, nice design, camera is pretty good even though that "HD" recording is a marketing joke.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:53 PM

Zyyb is on a distinguished road
And to get back on topic, this is quite amusing :-) http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...ily-love_money

Old 05-11-2009, 11:32 PM

seki is on a distinguished road
Beer There's a good point in there..

Quote:
At least the iPhone " does exactly what it says on the tin". Does the N97?

No, not in my experience, it does not come ANYWHERE near close to doing so.It should go back in the tin, and returned to Nokia.For goodness sake, it cannot even handle phone calls properly with out freezing up and having to re-boot. Anyone ever heard of an iPhone 3GS user being so disappointed with their new phone, that they reverted back to a 3G model or even a original iPhone?

And out of sheer curiosity here, cos I really do not know the answer, when Apple release a software update for the iPhone does it only go to a few select people at a time, or is it released globally?
Yes its released globally.. how because Apple include ALL the languages in the firmware for every release.

Symbian .. really does need to adopt the ability to add the languages users require .. It just can't be that hard .. I keep moaning on about it .. one thing it will stop is people madly changing product codes just to get the language support they want.

I work with iPhones all day .. I don't want one .. for some people they're fine .. but not me.