All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-02-2005, 09:42 AM

Khristos is on a distinguished road
Caribe Virus and battery Effects

Hi there.

I was infected with the Caribe Virus. Dont ask me how I have no idea. I might installed it (had no clue about it). Now the thing is that I made it to remove it and now my 2 batteries wont last for more than half a day TOPS.

Anyone else has experienced that kind of problems or is it just me?

Anyway just bought a new battery and I am going to try it and see how it goes..hopefully I wont need to get my phone to the support center.

6630 rocks but the virus drove me crazy and I am about it to throw it to the sea.

Any comments on this will help, please do so.

Old 04-02-2005, 10:40 AM

vineeth777 is on a distinguished road
Caribe Virus

Hey Guys,
I am using Nokia 7610 and this newyear eve some1 send me a msg thru blutooth,which was Caribe Virus and I installed it by mistake.This virus has infected my phone very badely.My battery dies very quickly all my application work very very slow.Any1 knows da solution plz mail me @ vineeth777@yahoo.com.
Thank u

Old 04-02-2005, 10:54 AM

Kamalayan is on a distinguished road
Well search the forum on how to remove the virus, dont just sit on ur hands. Installing this file or removing it while within the vicinity of the infected user is sometimes futile and would probably cause u to install it, i encountered one and tried to delete the file but just before i press the confirmation another permission to accept dialog appeared and i clicked yes as yes to delete was my purpose but i clicked yes to accept, and the virus sends this over and over. The only thing to do is turn the phone off which i did.
Search the forum guys there are manual and caribe fixes available around.

Old 04-02-2005, 11:22 AM

Khristos is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineeth777
Hey Guys,
I am using Nokia 7610 and this newyear eve some1 send me a msg thru blutooth,which was Caribe Virus and I installed it by mistake.This virus has infected my phone very badely.My battery dies very quickly all my application work very very slow.Any1 knows da solution plz mail me @ vineeth777@yahoo.com.
Thank u

Visit this link http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/cabir.shtml and it has instructions on how to get rid of it. Manually or with a tool.

Still my problem is after getting rid of it...do you have to get a new battery? Format the phone or what...my battery still dies way tooooo fast even after i removed it.

/Khristos
Ads