All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 10-10-2002, 02:50 AM

Rotten Ronnie is on a distinguished road
Do you have to pay for fw upgrades?

Do you have to `pay for fw upgrades & what advantages are there in them ie:are there better programa/apps
Thankz

Old 10-10-2002, 03:46 AM

n1ghtFLY is on a distinguished road
if ur phone is under warranty it;s free

Old 10-10-2002, 07:04 AM

Domi is on a distinguished road
Normally, in Belgium (I suppose, it's the same everywhere), under the warranty, you can upgrade the software once (I had did it with my previous phone)

Domi.

Old 10-10-2002, 10:58 AM

Thankz Guy's got upgrade today but learn't that you need to back everything up first !
They told me that their tech wouldn't lose my programs but he did.
V 3.16

Old 10-10-2002, 04:54 PM

7650 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten Ronnie
Thankz Guy's got upgrade today but learn't that you need to back everything up first !
They told me that their tech wouldn't lose my programs but he did.
V 3.16
Where you from? I can give you an update with out losing any data!

Old 10-10-2002, 11:30 PM

Hi 7650
I live in South Australia
Australia

Old 11-10-2002, 11:14 PM

nomanji is on a distinguished road
Good for you guys that you can upgrade your phone's firmware. Yesterday, I went to the Nokia Professional Center here in QC, Philippines. The guy doesn't want to upgrade my firmware. He said that they don't normally upgrade firmwares unless needed. And I thought they cared... =(

Old 11-10-2002, 11:19 PM

MaleBuffy is on a distinguished road
Well just say then that your phone does shut down by itslef some times, that you get system errors and stuff! Just DEMAND a firmware upgrade! If he tells you but yesterday nothing happned just say YES BUT TODAY IT DID! DEMAND one m8 becasue thats why firmware updates are being developed. It fixes the memory bug so your phone has already a problem! The trick is to take charge of the conversation! Do not ask for a FW upgrade DEMAND one!

Go on then m8!

malebuffy@allaboutsymbian.com

http://www.symbiandiaries.com/malebuffy
http://www.symbianopensource.com

Old 12-10-2002, 09:59 AM

AAY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomanji
Good for you guys that you can upgrade your phone's firmware. Yesterday, I went to the Nokia Professional Center here in QC, Philippines. The guy doesn't want to upgrade my firmware. He said that they don't normally upgrade firmwares unless needed. And I thought they cared... =(
Try contacting your local Nokia Careline/Club Nokia and tell them about the problems you've had at the service centre. Depending on how the Nokia hierarchy is like in the Philippines, Careline can sometimes make the service centres do things (it gets very political sometimes!).

Old 12-10-2002, 10:41 AM

nomanji is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the tip! Will do that!

Old 15-10-2002, 03:18 PM

7650 FW upgrade

My Handset has been faulty from day one, the Handsfree headset wont work. But because It doesnt come with one (bah) I didnt notice for a few weeks and now they refuse to simply replace the handset saying it needs an upgrade.
Here is the kick, NONE of the service centers in London will do it onsite yet and quote a 1 week turnaround time, and NO LOAN phone.
So becaue they shipped me a faulty phone, they want to take it away from me for a week and just screw me out of a weeks usage and calls etc, as well as lose all the data in it...
Is this really the attitude of people who give a damn? They have sold me a phone and that is all they care about.

But I have to say, what we all REALLY need is a Memory upgrade too! screw the firmware, 4meg is nowhere near enough.
Why on earth did nokia put such a small amount in? Baka.
Ads

Old 15-10-2002, 03:27 PM

MaleBuffy is on a distinguished road
They developed Series 60 to sell, would you buy onther phone if you had a MMC slot in your 7650? I would not, at least for some years! Thats why they did not include more memory or even a MMC slot! The 3650 has one but would you buy it? I would not becasue it is not targeted for me! So I have to wait for lets say a 7690 (random) and yes I would buy it! Its marketing and thats how things are so you cannot really argue about it!

malebuffy@allaboutsymbian.com

http://www.symbiandiaries.com/malebuffy
http://www.symbianopensource.com

Old 15-10-2002, 07:36 PM

bollox is on a distinguished road
in the uk us folks on orange can change our handsets at the rate of one per month all you have to do is phone up and tell them u have a fault.. they then send out a new handset with the latest sw release Useful if u want a new phone when your contract is nearly up

Old 15-10-2002, 11:05 PM

Palendrone is on a distinguished road
do you not get charged excess now ?I thought orange made everyone pay for handset insurance from October 1st 2002 ?