All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 15-10-2004, 07:36 AM
chooken

can't delete applications

i'm trying to delete some applications installed on my Nokia 3660 but i can't seem too. I click on the folder and go to delete but then nothing happens i'm just taken back to the menu. i've tried to delete applications from application manager but the thing is the applications that i want to delete are not there. i think because they're only trial products, do i need to finish its trial period before i can delete it? so how can i delete the unwanted applications? thanks

Last edited by chooken; 15-10-2004 at 07:39 AM.

Old 15-10-2004, 07:42 AM

Kamalayan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooken
i've tried to delete applications from application manager but the thing the applications that i want to delete are not there. i think because they're only trial products and i decided i don't want them. so how can i delete the unwanted applications? thanks
Go to tools then Manager then locate the name of the program you want to remove then click options then remove.

If its a java game go to games folder then applications then remove the game. Pisa cake.

Old 15-10-2004, 11:17 PM
chooken

yeh i've tried that but like i said i just end up going back to the menu and i don't why.

Old 15-10-2004, 11:26 PM

Quote:
yeh i've tried that but like i said i just end up going back to the menu and i don't why.
Ok Valid, Irritating enough, just do a format.

Whats the name of that app you want to remove?

Old 15-10-2004, 11:43 PM
chooken

if i do a format won't that mean i'll lose everything i have on the phone so that'll be empty? so that would mean i'd have to download applications and install them right? well i want to get rid of KodaK pictures, Print and Trivial Pursuit.

Old 16-10-2004, 12:22 AM

Quote:
if i do a format won't that mean i'll lose everything i have on the phone so that'll be empty? so that would mean i'd have to download applications and install them right? well i want to get rid of KodaK pictures, Print and Trivial Pursuit.
All 3rd party apps that didnt came in with the phone when you first got it, as well as messages, pictures, videos configurations stored in phone memory. A separate formatting for the MMC. You might want to do a back up first.

Ads

Old 16-10-2004, 02:08 AM
chooken

problem is i don't really know the original applications that came with the phone because my dad just bought it for me when he went overseas and he said he also got some extra "downloads" with it so not sure what they were. i think i can delete applications if they appear in "manager" the thing is the ones i want to delete aren't appearing there. do you know why some of the applications are not appearing in "manager"? do you know how i can get it to appear there?

Old 16-10-2004, 02:29 AM

Quote:
problem is i don't really know the original applications that came with the phone because my dad just bought it for me when he went overseas and he said he also got some extra "downloads" with it so not sure what they were. i think i can delete applications if they appear in "manager" the thing is the ones i want to delete aren't appearing there. do you know why some of the applications are not appearing in "manager"? do you know how i can get it to appear there?
Thing is,.. in the systems/installs folder are a list of uninstallers. It would appear there as (name).sis if these files have been moved or deleted theres no way you would be able to uninstall the applications. Maybe u can list the programs so that people would be able to comment wheter they came with the package or not.

Old 16-10-2004, 04:08 AM
chooken

Alright then, thanks for all your help. really appreciate it.

Old 26-08-2007, 08:46 PM

hum4 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Maybe this is a solution...

Try startin the mobile w/o the memory card plugged in, then go to the aplicattion manager, once there u'll get the list of the aplicattions that are currently installed on your phone's integrated memory.

Once there, plug in the memory card, at first u won't get your aplicattions (the ones installed in the memory card) listed, but you can do a little trick...

click the options button, then click settings (?? i don't know if it's the name of the button i use spanish lang on my n70), then you go back, once that u'll see the list of all your aplicattions and... hopefully u'll be able to uninstall the bad one ( ) in your MMC the one that is affecting your phone behavior.

Hope it works!, worked at least for me after my own test & error.

P.S: instead of rushing installing things.. install a thing then try and so on, installing many things at the same time, can bring you problems such as this one.