All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-01-2005, 05:33 PM

fannypad is on a distinguished road
Keeping programs installed on memory card in folders?

I've got most of my apps installed on the memory card. And as you all know the 6630 has a hot-swap card slot, which is good as it makes it easy to take the card out and use it with a USB card reader. The phone even automatically closes all open apps which are stored on the memory card, and removes their icons until the card is re-inserted.

This is all well and good, except for the fact that any program icons that I have organised into folders (Games, Tools etc) are dumped back into the main menu when the card is re-inserted, instead of back into the folders that they were in before.

Is there any way to make sure that the icons go back to the folders I put them in? I have noticed that the QuickOffice icons always go back to the QuickOffice folder, even though the programs are on the memory card. Any way to make the rest of the apps behave like this?
Ads

Old 25-01-2005, 01:31 PM

D_BIZZZZ is on a distinguished road
Article

That's odd as all my games, apps & quickoffice icons go back into the right places when I re-insert the card.

There must be an .ini file or something created on the C: drive that registers where things go.

Old 10-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Apocalypso

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_BIZZZZ
That's odd as all my games, apps & quickoffice icons go back into the right places when I re-insert the card.

There must be an .ini file or something created on the C: drive that registers where things go.

There is:

Application.dat file

Get more guides and advice at:

====================
www.symbian-freak.com

Symbian Freak introduces various researches for symbian users like:
Error Fixes, Modding, Guides, Tutorials and offcourse a detailed forum with professional support.

To get more out of your favourite device, visit the website.

Old 10-02-2005, 11:50 AM

madasaroo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fannypad
This is all well and good, except for the fact that any program icons that I have organised into folders (Games, Tools etc) are dumped back into the main menu when the card is re-inserted, instead of back into the folders that they were in before.
My phone remembers and puts the icons back where I want them. Not that helpful really, just an observation.

Is it related to firmware? I'm running 2.39.15 (11/11/04) - not the newest but no problems with it so far, hence the fact I've not had it upgraded.