All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-06-2009, 08:27 AM

Gerco is on a distinguished road
N97 in The Netherlands...

All,

A question for both Dutch people who are waiting for their N97 and people elsewhere...

For The Netherlands, Nokia only can give me an indication on when they would start shipping the N97 to the people who pre-ordered their N97. Shipping will start 'end of June'. When I ask them what would be an exact date, they won't give it.

Earlier this week (on the 22nd) I received an email that I should make sure my funds were sufficient for my credit card, as the money would be transferred on the 18th of June (huh? are you guys not sending this message a little late then??). When I then asked why the money would be 'collected' that early, when they only started shipping at the end of June, they replied that the money was not transferred yet. Weird communication....

The biggest fun starts when you now look at the Dutch Nokia Shop. There, the N97 is marked as 'in stock' since yesterday and can be ordered. The 'in stock' means (according their own definitions) that when you order today, the item is shipped tomorrow. So it could have been on its way already today when I did not preorder! Or is this another uncontrolled form of communication by Nokia?

And since all my 'issues' so far seem to lead to weird communication, one more thing... When I pre-ordered my N97, I got the option to register on the Nokia site or just order. I selected 'Just order'. After completing the order, I received three emails from Nokia, of which one was fully dedicated to telling me: 'You can track the status of your order on our website, here.'. This email points to the Nokia site, where I need to login. As I did not create an account, I have no clue how to track the status, as I can't enter an order number. I asked the question twice to Nokia, but they did not respond AT ALL to this question, whereas order status inquiries are mostly answered within the day. I understand that you might require a Nokia account to track the status, but don't send me the email when it is not relevant to me. It would even be better to have some sort of tracking system for people who do not want to create a Nokia account.

All together, when you don't put the name Nokia on the site and notice the way of communication, personally I would think I am dealing with some grey-area webshop...

So my question to the Dutch users of AAS who pre-ordered their N97:
- What is your experience so far with Nokia regarding the delivery of the N97?

And for all other people who might already have received their N97:
- Was the handling of the pre-order process in other countries just as unclear as it is in The Netherlands? Did other people receive an 'end of June'-like delivery date as well, and how accurate was that?

Old 29-06-2009, 07:00 PM

karelhuis is on a distinguished road
Hebbes

Vrijdag post van DHL ik was niet thuis. Zaterdag weer! Leuk ding die N97
Nu als de donder een tooltje dat internet radio laat werken.
Oh ik heb hem via 2call.nl
Ads