All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-07-2009, 08:28 AM

Zyyb is on a distinguished road
N97 O2 Mobile Web Settings

Hi Guys,

For some reason I seem to be the only O2 user with this problem? I've got My N9, so far, I love it, the keyboard is almost reason enough alone!

However, i can't get my mobile web settings to work, i called O2 and the guy told me that they don't support it yet so he couldn't send me them, so I dug out my N96 settings but they wouldn't work either because the DNS wouldn't let me put 200.200 at the end, it wanted .255.255

Can someone help? I can't set it up properly without the web and need to show it off ;-)

Thanks for your help!

Zyyb
Ads

Old 07-07-2009, 09:04 AM

martynb is on a distinguished road
Doesn't it set up automatically when you boot using O2 sim card?
Go to applications-sett. wizard and it should give you list of operators available for auto-setup.
I use N97 with O2 contract sim card with no problems.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:04 AM

ironass is on a distinguished road
Does this help?

http://www.filesaveas.com/o2wap.html

Old 07-07-2009, 09:44 AM

Thanks for your help guys,

I tried entering the dns again, but with the onscreen keyboard in portrait mode and it worked!

Now all i need is to get rid of this Vodafone my web softkey on the homepage, (i'm on O2 and it seems pointless anyway when everything is connected to the web!)

Old 07-07-2009, 09:53 AM

ironass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyyb View Post
Thanks for your help guys,

I tried entering the dns again, but with the onscreen keyboard in portrait mode and it worked!

Now all i need is to get rid of this Vodafone my web softkey on the homepage, (i'm on O2 and it seems pointless anyway when everything is connected to the web!)
To remove the "My web" ... Options > Edit content > Options >Right selection key... you can then change the key for an Application or Bookmark.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:27 AM

Thanks Ian,

you've been a great help!

Old 22-07-2009, 10:11 PM

david1949 is on a distinguished road
Settings Needed

I have been given a Nokia N95 8GB phone by a friend as he has got a new phone. Now when i put in my O2 pay as you go card in i can make and receive calls but that is all. As the phone was set for Vodafone i need to reset it for O2. So i went onto the O2 web site for the settings but it wont give me the settings it tells me to contact customer service . Now i have tried this three times over three days they put you in a Que it has cost me 6.00 so i have give up.

So what i want to know is there any one on the forum that could help me please.

Old 22-07-2009, 10:57 PM

zxon is on a distinguished road
Have you tried the settings on this site?

http://www.filesaveas.com/gprs.html

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open

Old 22-07-2009, 11:44 PM

Unplugged is on a distinguished road
Vodafone took out the auto setup so the phone doesent setup when you insert another providers sim

Old 23-07-2009, 08:14 AM

jamessmith01 is on a distinguished road
The o2 website also allows the settings to be downloaded - if N97 isn't there, try a similar device?

Old 23-07-2009, 08:52 AM

Thank you all for your help but i seem to have another problem my O2 sim is 8 years old and i have been told that i have to get O2 to update it with MMS +GPRS . Don't know what that means but i have sent O2 C/S a E Mail so thank you all for your help keep the replies coming in as i would like to know what the above means.
P S i want to update the maps on this phone do i have to buy them from nokia also can i download them to my P C and then onto the phone. this is all so new to me and i feel so stupid that i cant work it out but as i have a motorhome the walking maps would be of great use to me when i am touring around again thanks guys for your help.

Last edited by david1949; 23-07-2009 at 09:22 AM. Reason: To add on

Old 23-07-2009, 09:25 AM

You should be able to get o2 to post out a new SIM card for you.

Old 23-07-2009, 02:23 PM

macwhu is on a distinguished road
dont try and enter it all yourself.

use settings wizard. it works fine with o2

in fact mine started working perfectly with o2 on insertion
and i got a txt from o2 with the settings on automatically.

totally good experience.

i suspect yout 8 year old sim may be the issue - you need a new '3g' sim probably for the full effects to kick in - my sim is about 4/5 years old.

Old 24-07-2009, 12:01 PM

THANK YOU TO ALL FOR OF YOU FOR HELP ON THIS TOPIC I HAVE NOW SORTED OUT THE
O2 SETTINGS BUT CANT USE THE WEB ON THE PHONE BEEN INTO THE O2 SHOP IN TOWN AND GOT SOME HELP WITH THE PROBLEMS. SO BECAUSE I CANT GET THE WEB ON THE PHONE I CANT UPDATE THE MAPS SO I WILL BUY A TOM TOM INSTEAD. THE PROBLEM IS THE SOFTWARE THAT VODAFONE PUT IN NEEDS TO BE STRIPED OUT AND NEW O2 SOFTWARE PUT IN THIS WOULD LET ME INTO THE WEB THROUGH O2. AS IT STANDS IF I GO ONTO THE WEB O2 CONTACTS TO VODAFONE AND THE MAPS THINK I HAVE TWO INTERNET providers and tried to close one of them down I RANG NOKIA THEY TELL ME THAT IF I BUY A MAP LICENCES AND PUT IT ON THE PHONE I STILL NEED THE WEB TO ACTIVATE IT SO THAT IT THROUGH IT IN THE BIN.

Old 24-07-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1949 View Post
THANK YOU TO ALL FOR OF YOU FOR HELP ON THIS TOPIC I HAVE NOW SORTED OUT THE
O2 SETTINGS BUT CANT USE THE WEB ON THE PHONE BEEN INTO THE O2 SHOP IN TOWN AND GOT SOME HELP WITH THE PROBLEMS. SO BECAUSE I CANT GET THE WEB ON THE PHONE I CANT UPDATE THE MAPS SO I WILL BUY A TOM TOM INSTEAD. THE PROBLEM IS THE SOFTWARE THAT VODAFONE PUT IN NEEDS TO BE STRIPED OUT AND NEW O2 SOFTWARE PUT IN THIS WOULD LET ME INTO THE WEB THROUGH O2. AS IT STANDS IF I GO ONTO THE WEB O2 CONTACTS TO VODAFONE AND THE MAPS THINK I HAVE TWO INTERNET providers and tried to close one of them down I RANG NOKIA THEY TELL ME THAT IF I BUY A MAP LICENCES AND PUT IT ON THE PHONE I STILL NEED THE WEB TO ACTIVATE IT SO THAT IT THROUGH IT IN THE BIN.
macwhu has said in the post above you that it's possible to get the N97 working online with o2. I strongly suggest you try before wasting money on a separate satnav unit!

Have you considering debranding to remove the vodafone customisation? Also have you checked to see if you can delete the vodafone connectivity in the settings?