All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 03-12-2010, 10:37 AM

Jojitsu56 is on a distinguished road
Smile Orange Internet settings

Hi all.. my first post on here 8)

I have just bought a nokia n8 for a good price, to use along side my nexus one.. the problem is that I'm on orange, and the nokia is a 3 network phone. I have just had it unlocked, but when I put my orange sim card in the nokia the phone and text service works, but the Internet settings are all on 3... do any of you nice people happen to know the orange settings I need? Any help will be very welcome.

Many thanks.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:29 PM

greycounciller is on a distinguished road
I had a similar problem with mine which was unlocked from the Tesco network and I wanted to use it on T-mobile.
What I had to do in the end was get the settings sent from T-mobile to correct WAP settings etc.
One thing the CS mentioned to me was that on there system, I had a different phone so when I used the automated text back service to get settings sent, it came back saying my phone was unrecognized and settings weren't avaliable.
So I would suggest calling CS on Orange tell them your model and send settings as the N8 is avaliable on Orange.
Hope that helps.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:41 PM

Jojitsu56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by greycounciller View Post
I had a similar problem with mine which was unlocked from the Tesco network and I wanted to use it on T-mobile.
What I had to do in the end was get the settings sent from T-mobile to correct WAP settings etc.
One thing the CS mentioned to me was that on there system, I had a different phone so when I used the automated text back service to get settings sent, it came back saying my phone was unrecognized and settings weren't avaliable.
So I would suggest calling CS on Orange tell them your model and send settings as the N8 is avaliable on Orange.
Hope that helps.
Great, thank you very much for that.. I phoned orange and they were very helpful, and sent me the means to set it up very easily.

8)
Ads